Another Lynx HAS.3 in 1/32...

Comments are very welcome, and I try work that information into it. The pictures I've seen were somewhat metal-blueish, but I can't remember what country,/airforce/navy that was. As mine will definitely be RN, I'm gonna blacken them, as well as finding the proper position. Seems easier now, as the panel is fixed and the cable seems to be fixed tightly. (Part of the current position is also based on random, a bit were they fell into placed. Also I thought the position is not fixed, hence the flexible cable.)

Thanks for your comment!

Edited by Chief Cohiba

Overhead windows....????ouch.

If I may say, always try on scrap piece of plastic before applying new tips. I does not look very clear. Tamiya has clear blue. you may want to contact Revel and get new windshield piece.

I do dig the little lights.

Oliver

Oliver,

of course your right, and in fact I tried before, but not to full level of the suggested colour. Anyway, my fault and that's what usually comes out of impatience...

Fortunately, colour comes down with a gentle treatment of cloth, which will take me some more time. Hope I wont damage it, as the windshield seems a bit brittle. This is not my favourite part here. (Anyway, I would like to avoid Revells involvement for a spare part, as this would take some time.)

So, it's sh**, but it happens...

So, I'm back in the ring.

I managed to get the blue colour off, and of course, as I was afraid, a little crack occured in the right top window. Luckily, when I worked over it with Tamiya Clear Smoke (rattlecan, not perfect but it worked) the crack almost is invisible right now.

17414095tx.jpg

It became a little dark, but on most pictures, at least from the outside, it also looks quite dark on the real ones. In fact, it looks quite ok, so it seems possible to use it.

In addition, I contacted Dep. X from Revell, but they just send a standard-reply back, saying, that my request will take some time. We'll see...

Edited by Chief Cohiba
  • Like 1

DEP.X?

Is that like Area 51?

Oooooooooh......mmmmmmm!

Come on REVELL; prove your not Alien!

Sorry to see that Chief that must have hurt...but have no fear if all else fails; necessity is the mother they say...

It's been a bit of a break, but it has been a busy week...

But, I managed to get a few steps further, most of all I installed the cabin in the body and glued the two halves together:

17457419xp.jpg

It worked quite well, and I'm quite happy with the interiour, after all...

17457517ze.jpg

17457518gf.jpg

17457519hx.jpg

Well, someone needs to clean the floor on this...

Hello Oliver,

thanks for your comment - and hopefully there are a few things which will be NOT ahead of you and which can be easily avoided if you think just a little. Honestly, I've made a few mistakes on this, well, let's not mention or I guess I may be thrown out of this forum... ;-)

But anyway - today I finished the inspection glassed on the top. First, I cut out the holes, using anything in reach from xacto to hand axe. Nasty work...

17461438qx.jpg

Then I cut some plastic cards, drilled some small holes and made a little silver mark,

17461439kt.jpg

then filled them with clear fix and painted them clear red.

17461440mp.jpg

Then I filled the outer holes with clear fix as well, glued the plastic strips in...

17461504ws.jpg

welded the brass parts on, masked it...

17461505sc.jpg

and there it goes - here again on the mockup. While it looks horrible under the merciless zoom and flash, it looks quite nice in real world.

17461592cs.jpg

The whole top took me about two days, as it was a bit of a try and error, first holes were to small, then the colour of the plastic cards were not right ( I painted them with Revell Light blue 49 then) and also I was not sure with the ClearFix how to work with, but it turned out quite easy.

Well, those little things...

Edited by Chief Cohiba

I use small hand drill to make holes. I learnt that xacto doesnt give a perfect rounded hole.

Looks good from here. I am planning to remove the roof coning to detail the flight controls connections....thats going to be a challlenge cutting that large piece.

Why did u already prime your fuselage...are u close to painting?

Oliver

Hello Oliver,

well, I used a hand drill for the holes as well, just on the elliptical holes I used the xacto for widening and cleaning up. Oddest piece of tool I use now and then are guitar strings, mostly for cleaning the pipe of the glue. Ah, and almost everything from my wifes needlework drawer...

Usually I start painting the fuselage when there are leftovers in the airbrush from some interiours, on modern planes it happens quite often that it is the same as the exteriour. Also, I like to paint the bigger parts in advance because it gives me an early impression of the model while in progress. Especially with the two coloured Lynx, it supports my imagination. I guess everyone has his favours on that.

I definitely will watch the further progress of your Lynx, the open roof sound interesting, while also a challenge.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your kind replies - I'm stuck in a little bit of a delay, as I wait for the belts (also I had some other, unexpected and not very pleasant tasks to handle this morning), but there's one thing I could probably clear up in the meantime with the kind help of the experts: it's about part no. 125 (see pictures) and I'm not sure what this is meant to be, how it would look in the real world, and if it would fit in my layout.

I'm talking about this part - the position is not 100% correct (it slipped when I took the picture), but it should be located close behind the seat:

17304584rb.jpg

Any ideas about this?

that item is a blank for the ESM normally fitted when the Mar and Par are removed as weight saving. All lynx flight's hold them as part of their role fits but they use to fitted to the dual mk3 on 702Nas