"Lost again"

“Lost Again”

This is the 1/35 scale Tamiya Tiger 1 Ausfuhrung Africa, built straight out the box with a few extra details added, headlamp wire and S mine launchers wire.

The figures are Alpine and master box I must say the Alpine figures are a pleasure to paint, the tiger was painted with Tamyia paints whilst Vallejo and oil paints were used on the figures.

DSCN1496_zpsbf6d6ef2.jpgDSCN1495_zpsf74f50c3.jpgDSCN1494_zpsaff70cb5.jpgDSCN1493_zpsd1fe5e61.jpgDSCN1492_zps44d48071.jpgDSCN1491_zpsaf59aa8f.jpgDSCN1490_zps25683c59.jpgDSCN1489_zps04fa5c66.jpgDSCN1487_zps56933253.jpgDSCN1485_zps194adfa1.jpgDSCN1484_zpsadf40857.jpgDSCN1483_zpsd8a37c37.jpgDSCN1482_zps23a3f8ee.jpgDSCN1481_zps9eff75d2.jpgDSCN1480_zps4bc5a7c5.jpgDSCN1478_zps2f85d1f4.jpgDSCN1496_zpsbf6d6ef2.jpg

• Like 8

That's one beauty of a Tiger, very nicely painted, weathered and mounted and the figures are exceptional - well done! :thumbsup:

Edited by BeeKay

That's a fantasic diorama :goodjob: only one thing and please don't take this as criticism, the tracks could do with more sag to touch the road wheels, then it would be perfect

Hi Colin no wont take it the wrong way, its an over sight on my part ( rubber tracks) will look at rectiging that

• Like 1

I normally do not do armor, (because I have no idea what I am doing. Do the propeller thingy), but this is a beautiful diorama. I also bite at figure painting, so even more envious. Great work, just beautiful.

That looks bloody splendid. Job well done. If my Tiger looks half this good I'd be twice as pleased!

Just one thing: How can they be lost? They're next to a road sign for crying out loud! No wonder they lost the war :P

Man, that is one beautiful build as is the presentation!

It is ahistorical though in the markings applied. The elephant battalion symbol was from the 502nd and never was in Tunisia. The turret number would only be in the 100 and 200 range as there were only 2 companies. As the war progressed, the remaining Tigers were joined with 10th panzer Div, and renumbered in the 700 and 800 range. The S-mines were not present on African Tiger tanks.

Again though, this is one sensational build. :thumbsup2:

regards,

Jack

I normally do not do armor, (because I have no idea what I am doing. Do the propeller thingy), but this is a beautiful diorama. I also bite at figure painting, so even more envious. Great work, just beautiful.

My last build wa s a propella thingy, thanks for your comments

Mike

This is great work. The tank,figures and basework are all excellent.

A couple of helpful (I hope!) criticisms though. I don't think those concrete filled barrels would hold up that huge sign in a wind and the crew are indeed lost as they appear to have entered Libya.

I have one of these on the go and I will be very pleased if I capture the look of the thing like you have.

Mac

Hello again.

I have in front of me a copy of 'Panzers in the desert' by Bruce Quarrie.

All the photographs are from the Bundesarchive in Koblenz.

The book contains 5 pictures of about 4 different Tigers in Tunisia.

All have 'S' mine projectors.

I thought you might like to know.

If you like desert stuff look quite a few pages back for my Panzer 1

Mac

This is great work. The tank,figures and basework are all excellent.

A couple of helpful (I hope!) criticisms though. I don't think those concrete filled barrels would hold up that huge sign in a wind and the crew are indeed lost as they appear to have entered Libya.

I have one of these on the go and I will be very pleased if I capture the look of the thing like you have.

Mac

Hi Mac I had thought about that, this sign would have had 2 x large back braces, but it would have made the base a lot bigger, so i went with out, thanks for the comments

Mike

Hello again.

I have in front of me a copy of 'Panzers in the desert' by Bruce Quarrie.

All the photographs are from the Bundesarchive in Koblenz.

The book contains 5 pictures of about 4 different Tigers in Tunisia.

All have 'S' mine projectors.

I thought you might like to know.

If you like desert stuff look quite a few pages back for my Panzer 1

Mac

Just to make certain, the S-mines being referred to are of those located on the four corners of the hull roof, plus a fifth one located port side just in front of the large deck grill. This particular piece of equipment was introduced after the 501st Tigers were shipped off, but those of the 504th (11 Tigers in total) were received late February, so they should have them, but until now, this is the first I've read of photos existing of this.

Looking at a scaled map in miles, I'd place this Tiger in Egypt, just slightly west of Mersa Matruh. Wouldn't that be something, another one of Rommel's 'dash to the wire' with a Tiger no less.

1000px-WesternDesertBattle_Area1941_en.s

Once again, excellent build, and congrats in creating an irresistible conversation piece.

regards,

Jack

Just to make certain, the S-mines being referred to are of those located on the four corners of the hull roof, plus a fifth one located port side just in front of the large deck grill. This particular piece of equipment was introduced after the 501st Tigers were shipped off, but those of the 504th (11 Tigers in total) were received late February, so they should have them, but until now, this is the first I've read of photos existing of this.

Looking at a scaled map in miles, I'd place this Tiger in Egypt, just slightly west of Mersa Matruh. Wouldn't that be something, another one of Rommel's 'dash to the wire' with a Tiger no less.

1000px-WesternDesertBattle_Area1941_en.s

Once again, excellent build, and congrats in creating an irresistible conversation piece.

regards,

Jack

Cheers Jack my pleasure and like wise I enjoyed the conversation, and your knowledge base

Mike

Sorry guys

I was referring to the projectors on the side of the turret. The projectors on the hull were unknown to me until this conversation.

Thanks to Jack for the clarification. I don't think I have built a tiger since the Airfix 1/72 version came out but I purchased an Academy one from ebay a couple of weeks ago. So now I am reading up. I doubt if I can match Jack's model - or the other recently posted one- but I will enjoy building it.

Again - Congratulations! Give us more.