sdk reports for duty :) my first GB - FINISHED

Hello :)

It's Sunday so I finally dine some work. After using small amount of filler and sanding I started painting.As this is gift set so I have used paints from set.First I put some primer after that Bottom colour humbrol 65.When its dry I use a lot of masking tape and after that I put humbrol 31 on top of wings and fuselage.And I wait a bit used again a lot of tape and put last colour of humrol 117 on top of a previous one.

Photostory

DSC_0464_zps51d03bdc.jpg

DSC_0465_zps02741928.jpg

DSC_0466_zps20099942.jpg

On the last pic the canopy is dry fit

DSC_0467_zps2f9bee60.jpg

Now I want to wait until its dry properly and I will do some corrections and sand this a bit

ok that all for now

Cheers

Pawel

• Like 4

Hi all :) so we have another day and I have fount some time before work to add decals for my emil :)

Like always Airfix made quit good decals but it would be nice if add some stencils.I have use set and sol so I will see tomorrow how it going to look.

ok here some pic

DSC_0469_zpsbbd2764a.jpgWheels are dri fit for now

DSC_0470_zpsf07879bc.jpg

Now I need to put another layer of clear varnish ,make wash add small pieces and voilà

• Like 2

Hate to be a spoilsport, but I think you mixed up those Balkenkreuze. What's on the wing should go on the fuselage and vice versa.

The paint job is nice, though.

Edited by Hotel Papa
  • Like 1

Ok so nearly there :) I have done some weathering today and put all small pieces together... I'am still regretting those misplaced decals but what's done it's done.I still have to put matt varnish radio antenna and wire and I think it 's done.
DSC_0488_zps6a8d0a1e.jpg
DSC_0489_zps6e2704ad.jpg
Ok so that will be all for now :pilot:

• Like 2

Hi Pawel,

That's looking really good mate :thumbsup:

As for the decals - it happens to all of us, the last kit I finished I put the roundels in the wrong place, it's just one of those things that serve to remind us to pay attention :smartass: It's a little sad because every time you look at that kit you will see it. but on the positive side it is unlikely that anyone else who sees it (in real life as opposed to on the forum) will even notice.

It's a great model and you have made a really good job of it B)

Cheers,

Stew

Ok so I have finish today :)

Now when I'am looking at my model I known that I could do some things better.

On next one I will not do the same mistakes. I have use mat varnish but i'am not happy with the result . Colours are faded. does anyone know what kind of varnish was used by the Germans on real planes?

and here how it look like

DSC_0495_zps61117705.jpg

DSC_0496_zpsd3bb093c.jpg

I will make a proper pictures when I find some time :)

• Like 4

Just been looking at this in the gallery - Stunning!!! I am well impressed! Can't wait to start on mine (once I get the two Spitfires done!)

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 3 months later...