Poll time: survey if anyone's interested in early wing tanks for F-4C's

JeffreyK

McD tanks for the Academy F-4C kit?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would buy them specifically for this kit?

• Yes, I always wanted to make a very early F-4C.
    • No, too obscure, I'll get some for my F-4B though.
    • Not interested in either.

Hello there,

I'd like to conduct a very unrepresentative survey to help me make up my mind. I'm close to releasing some resin McDonnell 370gal wing tanks, the early type drop tanks that were used before the later type tank (as included in most F-4 kits) came into use.

I have separate sets for Academy and Hasegawa 1:48 kits as the wing shape is different between the two manufacturers. I modelled the pylon for the Academy kit on their F-4B wing and only recently got my hands on the new F-4C kit. I discovered that they changed the profile of the whole wing, not just in the wheel well area and now my pylon doesn't fit 100%. There would be some sanding required to adapt the pylon to a flatter wing profile. The early tank saw much wider use on F-4B's than F-4C's so I had made up my mind to leave it like this and put the sanding directions into the instruction sheet. I also would like to release the sets and move on to my other WIP products. But now I'm not so sure anymore...should I make another set of pylons specifically for the Academy "thick wing"? How many of you are planning to build one of those very early F-4C's (first batch of deliveries in 1963)?

Cheers

Jeffrey

Catch-22 your call at the end of the day, but you just know somebody on one of the big model forums will make a big deal of it if the pylons aren't a drop in fit and shock horror they have to use some basic modelling skills on their early F-4C