Fw190A-5

Ian

Kit: Hasegawa 1:32 ‘Nowotny’ edition.

Paint: All Tamiya & Lifecolour acrylics. MIG weathering pigments (wheels & tyres).

Decals: Eagle Cals, MicroScale & kit.

Extras: Eduard ‘Zoom’ set. Cut & dropped elevators. Cut & repositioned tail wheel & rudder. Brake lines from various gauges of fuse wire. Master MG17 barrels (not in photo).

Focke-Wulf Fw190A-5

5 Staffel I/JG54

Operation ‘Zitadelle’

Summer 1943

1901a_zpsb8a73140.jpg

1901b_zps3a614ee5.jpg

1902b_zps9dff5778.jpg

1902a_zps67f3bfeb.jpg

1903_zpscd5a6fbb.jpg

1903a_zps94cefa24.jpg

1903b_zps35f5be94.jpg

1904c_zps13182d34.jpg

1904b_zps1234aeba.jpg

1904a_zps138d85f0.jpg

….and we’re done. Thoroughly enjoyed this project. Kit went together with the minimum of fuss. Camouflage came-out exactly as it looked in my head before I began, something that doesn’t happen too often. Especially happy with the weathering on the underside and the way the MIG pigments settled in to the main wheels & tyres giving a dry/dusty ‘feel’.

Built for the ‘Battle of Kursk’ Campaign/Group Build on www.modelersalliance.com . As ever happy to take any questions, criticism and comments. Thanks for taking the time to look, I’m off now to start decaling my TF-104…. That’s going to keep me busy for a while !!

Ian

• Like 3

Very, very nice. Only point, if I may, is the antenna cable should go over the roller (the black semicircle on the centre line of the canopy), but great to see it go inside the canopy. Particularly like the casually draped seat belt and the weathering. Super build of JG54's finest!