WNW 1:32 Sopwith Triplane, nearly done

Shar2

This is a actually a commission build I'm doing for The Kingston Aviation Heritage Trust through the West Middlesex Model Club. Due to one thing and another I haven't been able to do much with it until now and I've got till the end of the month to complete it. It's the first time I've built something like this but have been really enjoying the build so far.

Internals.jpg

cockpit.jpg

engine.jpg

struts.jpg

The rigging needs to be planned ahead but it's not that bad. The kit is going together really well, only the detail painting taking the time.

That's the cockpit pretty much finished, just the crash pad and guns to add. Have noticed that a cable has come adrift, as has a foot board but they are easy to fix.

cockpitfin.jpg

cockpitfin2.jpg

cockpitfin3.jpg

Nice one, the shortest month of the year to build a Triplane no pressure there then. Seriously a really neat bit of work you've done there Shar. Can I ask if you have you used oils to simulate the wood effect or some other medium, it looks great.

Thanks guys.

Neil, I've used the Lifecolor weathered wood set. First time I've used this and it's proving particularly easy and surprisingly effective.

The kit is practically falling together, even though I haven't been able to spend too much time on it due to a quite painful back. Still, I feel I'm on target for the deadline. :D The slightly bent starboard strut has since been straightened.

side.jpg

rear.jpg

maincockpit.jpg

enginecowling.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished, bar a couple of lengths of rigging which I only noticed were missing when taking the photos. The rigging diagram on for this kit was not exactly the easiest to follow.

finish1.jpg

finish2.jpg

finish3.jpg

finish4.jpg

• Like 1