This is my first build for this GB, the Hasegawa 1/72 Kfir C2.

Firstly, proving that this kit cost less than a tenner...

001.jpg

When it was originally released, it cost £1.49. When I bought it, a couple of months ago, it cost me £3.50 from evilbay. According to the seller, the box is damaged.

K001.jpg

Doesn't look very damaged to me. More like "discoloured". Maybe it was so cheap because the box is no use to a kit collector.

Here are the sprues.

K002.jpg

K003.jpg

K004.jpg

I first built this kit when it was originally released in the late 70s, when I probably did pay £1.49 for it. This will be a pure nostalgia build using the same kit, same markings, everything.

• Like 1

I'll be watching this one as well ... I have one half built, currently at the primer stage, as I had made a hash of it on an earlier attempt and had to sand it back. Doing the camo will be what I'm keen to learn from your build.

Like Mark, I'm also tempted by the larger scale version, except that I'll likely go for the AMK kit.

• Like 1

Cockpit painted grey. The instrument panel is from the kit decal sheets. The consoles don't have any decals from the sheet, so I used some from the spares box.

K005.jpg

Fuselage halves cemented and added to the wing. Intake interiors sprayed steel from a rattle can.

As with my Mirage, it is almost certain that the pitot and blade aerials will get knocked off at some point in the build. :doh: Anyone want to start a sweep on how long it will take? :lol:

K006.jpg

K007.jpg

• Like 3

I broke the pitot off my build at the primer stage, so in your case, I'd wager Valentine's day +/- a couple of days :D

I'll use a spare off the HPM Mirage III kit, it has a complex shape that the Hasegawa kit did not replicate (though understandable as the kit is so old).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently building an italeri kfir and the molds are crappy. You are lucky having this hase mold even that has raised panel lines, believe me. Sorry for the pitot, it is inevitable :lol:

Edited by Amen
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Airframe complete and primed with Alclad2 grey primer.

K008.jpg

K009.jpg

First phase of the camouflage sprayed on. There is a right mix of paint and manufacturers here. Mr Hobby Color H313 Yellow FS33531, Xtracrylix XA1102 Tan FS10219 and Xtracolor X148 Green FS14227. As usual, the Xtracolor took about a week to dry!

The starboard wing still needs a big patch of tan.

K010.jpg

K012.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i came back to modelling half year ago.. in stash i have already kits for like 4years ahead... and i had to order mirage 2000C and III... so, realy, THANKS A LOT enzo... thanks a lot.. damn.. ;)

• Like 1