A brace of Airfix 1/72 Bf110s - Father and Daughter post Christmas Project

what inspirational story. Myself I have been blessed with 2 daughters and with having no son to share my hobbies with I'd imagine my girls would be into dolls, make up and high heels when they get to 11.

This goes to show, maybe one day, I might too be building kits with my daughters.

I always liked anything with a shark mouth when I was a boy. A little while ago I made an Airfix Tomahawk with my 4 year boy and he wanted it for the shark mouth. It seems that no one is immune. NIce pair of models, btw, have to say, though, hers is much better! :winkgrin:

She's certainly done a really great job and should be extremely proud of her efforts and results ! Your daughter could definitely give building tips to some of us around here ..... umm, namely, me !

Wonderful results in every sense from this fine father/daughter build.

Mike

Echo all the comments - great work and lovely father & daughter time spent together. Myself and my 8 year old daughter are building a Hasegawa Egg Hughes 500, progress is slow when I can tear her away from Minecraft or CBBC but the build has been fun and harmonious....so far!

It's just the icing on the cake that the models turned out so well!. It's been said twenty times on here already but the difference between patience, perseverance and attachment to a creative pursuit, as opposed to the transitory gratification of computer games seems to me to be a salutory lesson in childhood development and therefore society as a whole.

You evidently brung her up well sir, she'll go far no doubt!

• 10 months later...

Hi Houston

Alas no. Nothing finished. That is related to her passion for drawing ponies(!), Minecraft and, most importantly, my lack of model building through this year :-( My work related to a little bike race in our glorious county kept me busy for the first half of the year and I've been catching up with the day job ever since!

I have every intention of getting the old airbrush out over Christmas and finishing off one or two projects. I have no doubt that she will muscle in on the act and we will do another joint build soon!

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

At 11yr old I waas still gluing my fingers together and I remeber getting Hurricane parts sticking to my tongue. Don't ask. Nice to see the hobby kept alive and a result for someone at that age is remarkable. Well done