1/32 Trumpeter MIG-29K Sea Fulcrum Complete

1/32 Trumpeter Mig-29K

Well it has been a long time coming but she is done, I started this last summer but with commission work coming in at a steady rate I did not manage to get allot done. I finally got stuck back in to it a couple of weeks ago.
The only additional parts for the kit where the Aires burners, very nice they are too. Not entirely sure if the internal depth of the flame holder is correct but much better than the standard kit ones.
I did buy an AIRES quick boost seat but it is too wide for the kit tub and not just by a little bit.

I also added a set of intake covers and burner covers, the intakes on the kit have an internal FOB mesh, the kit representation was pretty grim so I decided the best option was to cover them, I suspect I will leave the burner covers off.
As always the airbrake is up, probably would not be but whats the harm in a bit of modelling whimsy.happy.gif
102_6844.jpg
102_6846.jpg
102_6849.jpg
102_6850.jpg
102_6854.jpg
102_6865.jpg
102_6869.jpg

102_6877.jpg

102_6878.jpg

As she is a carrier Aircraft I wanted to make it with the wings up, the wing fold on the kit is grim but I really struggled to find any useful images of it so I could scratch some improvements. They are only very lightly glued in place so if one day a nice resin set appears I can always change it out.
Wings Folded
102_6881.jpg
102_6886.jpg
102_6891.jpg
102_6905.jpg

I did a fair bit of research for the load out and configured her in an anti ship role with a couple of short and medium range air to air missiles. The two external tanks may be a presumption to far but I found a few images of MIG-29K models with them. As fleet defenders I would imagine range would be important just not too sure if the ordnance as well makes her too heavy.
102_6895.jpg
102_6893.jpg

The Green is a base coat of Tamiya XF-65 with a post shading filter made with a few drops of white and thinned.
The Grey is a base coat of Tamiya XF-19 with a post shading filter made with a few drops of white and thinned.
A dark wash was applied to all the panel lines etc, my camera work really does not show it up to well. All the cam airbrushing done freehand and I am very happy with this, getting better every time i do it.
I will leave the decals and the basic instructions alone, I suspect someone has already covered this long ago. Besides all my Trumpeter kits seem to be much the same making reference material essential to say the least.

Time to add another Shelf. happy.gif
000_0110.jpg

No to sure what the next build will be, I have a bit of time so I may well attack some of my 1/9 Superbike kits.

Thanks for looking.

Danny

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 11

Lovely build, very nice indeed.

And the collection in the cabinet is a bit tidy too, love the B-1, F-15E and the Harrier GR.3

Eng

Superb work, Danny! I did not know that the aircraft existed, but then I don't know much at all about Russian aircraft.

A great collection too, but just want to add that the motorbike collection is lacking a Ducati! ;)

Superb work, Danny! I did not know that the aircraft existed, but then I don't know much at all about Russian aircraft.

A great collection too, but just want to add that the motorbike collection is lacking a Ducati! ;)

I do have a 916 and 996 but i am loathed to build them as i have a general rule about anything red and Italian in motorsport and the associated rule bending that goes on, sorry rule breaking. :chair:

Danny

Gorgeous work! Very cool paintwork! But let me please to make a remark: the color scheme should be completely gray. Like this:http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fighter/mig29k.html

I have been doing this a few years now and i am fully aware of the dark grey scheme, it was considered and was the other standard kit option. No doubt it may be the scheme in operational use but in statement of fact you are incorrect.

I do a fair bit of research and i found plenty of images of the actual aircraft i have replicated right down to serial numbers and specific insignia decals, i believe this is one of the test and development aircraft.

This was my prefered option of the two schemes, unless this is not a MiG-29K :banghead: Pretty sure there is another parked right next to it.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input.

0810207.jpeg

mig29kr608ym.jpeg

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 1