1/144 LUT

mekon

Just picked up a an (old) new kit on a Saturn V LUT. It's rather nice and will post a few pictures if anyone is interested. Parts are cast resin and brass with plastic rod for the a majority of the pipwork. On the whole it is very nice, I believe it will be upgraded before further copies come out.

Kind regards,

Ken

Hi Ken,

very interested to see this, what scale is it? I am scratchbuilding one and it is taking quite a bit of time and effort so it would be nice to see an actual kit.

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

It's 1/144 for the Airfix or Revell Mongram Saturn V. I'll sort some pictures out tomorrow, I haven't sorted through the box yet but first impressions are good. I saw one completed in 2002/3 and it looked really good.

If you're scratchbuilding joinh the LUT group on yahoo, some good info there. I have around 250 pages (plus) pages of plans form a US friend in storage at the moment. I can sort you out a copy but it wont be for 4 or 5 months as we are in the process of moving and I have no access to it at this time.

Cheers,

Ken

Some pictures of said LUT kit.

20140203_130124_zpsm5dwrxyr.jpg

85e44451-7f5a-4c9f-a89a-c905f6dd2d72_zps

20140203_130910_zps9pfde5j2.jpg

20140203_131114_zpsqlbcjm19.jpg

20140203_131126_zps0ce5ymhj.jpg

As you can see it's well cast and contains PE as well as the resin. Plastic rod and tubing is provided for the pipework. I will investigate the kit further and provide more details if anyone is interested.

Kind regards,

Ken

Edited by mekon
  • Like 1

I will try and found out when this will become commercially available. I will post some initial impresssions of the kit when I get home from work next week. I am still waiting for the intructions, they are currently being written up. I believe there will be some changes to the floor, better and more accurate mesh work for the LUT levels. I saw this kit completed in 2003 and it looked very good, it's really nice that it has now seen the light of day.

Kind regards,

Ken