F-Toys 1/144 Nakajima Ki-27 Nate - Completed

Build 5

I love 1/144, but it's sometimes hard to find unusual subjects in this scale without resorting to expensive resin or poor quality short run injection kits. So occasionally (when I find a bargain) I pick up the odd F-Toys, J-Wings or Cafereo models. These models come ready painted and usually have some of the marking already applied. Luckily this one has a full decal sheet and no markings, which saves me having to scavenge through the spares box. It's going to get a full paint strip, clean up of parts, rebuild and spray job. So with the exception of stripping it, it just like building a normal kit.

Price: 99p from eBay.

2014-01-3118162901_zps3f9bb8f1.jpg

Edited by Speedman

The cockpit is done. After adding a control column, I painted it all with a custom blue mix before a bit of black on the instrument panel and a quick oil wash. I've not gone mad with the detail, you can't see much once the canopy is on :P After that, I glued the wings and fuselage together and popped on the tailplanes. A dash of Mr. Surfacer topped off last night's efforts. Sanding next...

2014-02-1020242401_zps7ee78e28.jpg

2014-02-1101333401_zpsf73660a5.jpg

• Like 1

This one's moved along quickly :) Yesterday I gave it a final wash, primed it then sprayed the grey, tonight I gave it a few coats of Clear and applied the decals. They were a bit thick but have settled in with lots of Micro Sol.

2014-02-1422450001_zps8b13bda6.jpg

• Like 2