Fujimi 1/72 E-2C Hawkeye

:welcome:

I will be building the Fujimi E-2C hawkeye.

this is an older version of the kit, and that means quite simple landing gear and one piece propellers

box and kit:

12238602925_ed3b5e8592_z.jpg
Sprues:

12239189406_4d153df104_z.jpg
Loose parts:

I was allowed to use a vacform canopy as the original had an air bubble in it.

12220726506_968924ee00_z.jpg

Decals.

This is a special bye bye Midway box hence the larger sheet, sadly most options are for E-2B and will require some conversion AFAIK:

12238630535_4a3af00859_z.jpg
Cant wait to get started :partytime:
Edited by The dragonborn

Progress as of today:

- canopy fitted and bubble and top windows were tinted with vallejo smoke.

- tail and wings fitted.

- props were cleaned some sink marks in them filled.

- the gear without the wheels were fitted.

12270523334_87eb2f8892_z.jpg

pilots in the pit:

12270105135_90032a3a7b_z.jpg
and i want to make this low-viz bird but i can't find any pictures of it, so i am unsure if it is correct :unsure:
Edit: change plan for gull grey-white bird

12270616206_fd170606dc_z.jpg
Edited by The dragonborn

For it's day it was actually a good/nice kit and seeing as nobody else bothered Fujimi had the market to themselves. I on the otherhand fashioned a Greyhound fuselage buck which Doug Feeney of ID Models vaced for me, I think I got the plans from an IPMS USA Journal.

I still haven't built one but I have one in my collection which a long lost friend built.

Colin

Nice job so far. Did you need to amputate the feet off the poor aircrew?

no, i only had to scrape a little off the side of the legs. :innocent:

tail fitted and dish + props dry fitted:

12272116253_7802319230_z.jpg

the tail and made her a serious tail-sitter even with the nose stuffed full of lead, so i had hide some in the non walled nose gear bay. :frantic:

edit:

For it's day it was actually a good/nice kit and seeing as nobody else bothered Fujimi had the market to themselves. I on the otherhand fashioned a Greyhound fuselage buck which Doug Feeney of ID Models vaced for me, I think I got the plans from an IPMS USA Journal.

I still haven't built one but I have one in my collection which a long lost friend built.

Colin

I have to agree ths this must have been a state-of-art kit in 1970 when it was released.

Edited by The dragonborn

Great stuff, just looking at the size of tail & the turntable that's a lot of weight to counterbalance, you did well to find enough places to hide the lead !

Looking forward to seeing you finish this one

• 4 weeks later...

How is the build coming along The Dragonborn??? You were making great progress.

I got the some layers of white on the underside of it.

But It has been stalled for a couple of weeks, because i have been moving the assembly line from my bedroom to a dedicated room in the basement.

:jump_fire:

• Like 2

Very nice to see The Dragonborn! It's the coolest looking a/c with a spinning roofrack! It shouldn't look good but it does! I do like your Hawkeye!

• 2 months later...