Revell Apollo Columbia and Eagle

I did actually make some kits without putting any lighting in them and this is one of them.

Like most of my smaller kits, this was built 'as is' straight from the box.

I've also done the Airfix Saturn V and will post some pictures of that once I have worked out how to get it all into one picture.

Lunar_Module02_zps9da31439.jpg

Lunar_Module04_zps08c28a74.jpg

Lunar_Module06_zps30334774.jpg

Lunar_Module10_zpsd64e5175.jpg

Lunar_Module16_zps398b2bd6.jpg

Lunar_Module17_zpsf5814d49.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've just purchased one of these this evening on an auction site. Yours looks great :) Hope my efforts are half as good! I take it it's quite small??

Thanks for the compliments.

Actually it is not a bad size, about 18cm in length when both are together. I did my homework to make sure it wasn't too small for my ageing hands but big enough to see the details.

Hey Kev great looking kit, congrats.

Mind if I ask what paint did you use for the gold metallic foil on the Eagle?

Cheers

Thanks Darren

Actually, the foil came with the kit (that's what I like about Revell kits - everything is included).

You only get a small sheet of foil, so you only get one go at getting the ripple effect. As Jockster says above, be prepared to buy some chocolate in gold foil...........

Very nice Kev, and the foil is always a good excuse to buy chocolate! :-) :-) :-)

Thanks for the compliment.

I had to eat a lot of chocolate before my dear wife had to go and ruin my plan by telling me to buy another brand as they use gold foil instead of silver........................Now, I am on a strict anti-chocolate diet...................drat!

Outstanding. Excellent photography also.

Thanks Tom.

Photography is my weakest point but I hope to change this in the summer (if we are lucky to have some decent weather) and want to photograph them better. I'm quite new to displaying my finished kits and did not really pay much attention to .atmosphere'.