Roden DC_3

CF-CRX was the last of CP Air's DC-3 fleet, and the only one to be painted in the then current "Orange is Beautiful" scheme. CRX was used as a company hack and proficiency trainer until 1974, when it was sold. It was the last piston engine aircraft in CP Air's fleet.
douglas_campaign_67.jpg
douglas_campaign_68.jpg
douglas_campaign_69.jpg
douglas_campaign_70.jpg
douglas_campaign_71.jpg

The model is Roden's new 1/144 DC-3 wearing an ancient Leading Edge decal sheet.

• Like 7

Dazzling scheme Jessica! I never knew CP Air had painted one up in it.

It is hard to tell that it isn't 1/72, it looks like a big improvement over the Minicraft kit.

Cheers

John

Very nice......but. It just happened that I spotted this kit in my local hobby shop yesterday. I got a bit of a shock......A$45.00 (£23.94) for a 1/144 Dakota? No way!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job Jess

I remember seeing a pic of this years ago. Nowadays there have been many modern liveries on DC 3s, but then, liveries were still very retsrained so it was a bit of a shock to see it in full colour...another rarity in those black and white print days.

It made me paint up my Monogram 1/48 model a few years later as this, but, in those days I couldn't source the lettering so it was just in basic.

Nice to see this one done properly.