1/72 Bilek Mig-21PFM

Very nice.

The 'problem' with the border between red and aluminium-silver is probably related to a combination of two factors:

- you seem to have attached stabilizers in a slightly downward posiition (perhaps 3-5 deg tilted towards the front), while

- the border should connect the rear edge of the wing with the leading edge of the stabilizers when these are in 'neutral' position.

That way you would've got the 'desired effect' of slight inclination (of the border) - which is surely something hard to get in 1/72 scale.

Regarding undercarriage: IMHO, and generally, undercarriage is 'just another unnecessary piece of equpiment' on aircraft (which should 'fly, fly, and fly', and not be parked around) - so I'm perfectly happy with it.

In summary: I love it and the only thing I'm missing would be some better photos of the completed modell (preferrably from the left side, and from something like 45 deg upwards and 45 deg from the front). ;-)

@SaintsPhil: thank you! You have the honour of seeing for the first time one of my builds completed in YOUR Group build! :wow:

@Giorgio: thank you man, hope to see your 'bis' finished too!

@Tom: maybe I contributed with an unwanted downward position, if this is the only problem I'm even more disappointed because it's an engineering flaw of the kit which could have been avoided: the tailplane is solid with its fuselage mounting whose positive location should be garanteed or at least clearly indicated in the instructions, even in a short-run kit.

I'm glad you like the model, though I cannot provide better photos for the time being: this is the best I can do with my limited skills and if you really would like some sharper views I will ask my brother which is a much better photographer than me.

Good night

Fabio

• Like 1