Vietnam II - 40 Year Anniversary GB

snapper_city

I'd like to take part in this one but could someone please suggest a good tank or two for me to have a go at? Don't mind what scale but not too expensive!! :winkgrin:

I'd like to take part in this one but could someone please suggest a good tank or two for me to have a go at? Don't mind what scale but not too expensive!! :winkgrin:

How about the Academy 1/35 M551 Sheridan or M113, both also available from Tamiya.

• Like 1

I'm glad you guys made it but I may have to bail from this build!

I'm sorry but I have so little time home from work that I may struggle even with the builds I really want to build.

I'll watch with real interest...would have loved to join in with the 1/48 Mig21!!

Hi guys

Unfortunately hgbn has been MIA on BM since the end of July and he had previously agreed to be the group build's Co-Host.

So with his prolonged absence I have taken the action to promote a new gunnery sergeant hartman to shout at you all.

drill-sergeant.jpg?w=788

Our new Co-Host will be Gunnery Sergeant Radleigh, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

• Like 1

Of course you can Rich, dates will be announced soon I would imagine so when that happens, just join in on the start date :)

Thanks Mark too... I'm really hoping that the new house and modelling room will give me that time to enter more GB's!

• Like 2

Good morning Vietnam sounds like this GB is the first of its kind when it is the second Vietnam GB that britmodeller has hosted. So if it's called Vietnam 2, 40th anniversary or good morning Vietnam makes no difference. Everyone will end up just calling it the Vietnam GB anyway.

I should explain the joke, I guess.

A long time ago, when men were F-14 fighter pilots and played weirdly sexually-charged games of volleyball, there was a movie called Breakin', which against all odds and rules of decency, did well enough to merit a sequel, called Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. I am not making any of this up. Anyhow, among devotees of terrible cinema (and I count myself among their number, having seen both Heartbeeps and Sextette on a theater screen), Electric Boogaloo is a common suffix for any sequel. You try and tell me Terminator 2 wouldn't be improved by called it T2: Electric Boogaloo. You will never convince me.

• Like 4

I should explain the joke, I guess.

A long time ago, when men were F-14 fighter pilots and played weirdly sexually-charged games of volleyball, there was a movie called Breakin', which against all odds and rules of decency, did well enough to merit a sequel, called Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. I am not making any of this up. Anyhow, among devotees of terrible cinema (and I count myself among their number, having seen both Heartbeeps and Sextette on a theater screen), Electric Boogaloo is a common suffix for any sequel. You try and tell me Terminator 2 wouldn't be improved by called it T2: Electric Boogaloo. You will never convince me.

Under standing this is faaaaar beyond my reach, forgive me.

Of course you can Rich, dates will be announced soon I would imagine so when that happens, just join in on the start date :)

Thanks Radleigh, I've not posted any of my builds on here before and I've not been in any of the group builds before either, so hopefully this will bring out the best in my modelling! I've got a few kits that I could do, the only thing is deciding which one or ones to do!

Rich

Edited by Rich G

I just saw this topic and this is what I` plan to do next Year,USAF in Vietnam war.

Academy F-4C,

Tamiya A-1J Skyraider

and first of all Hobby boss F-105G all in 1/48,

so, count Me in.

Welcome Pedja. They are all great choices.

Thanks Radleigh, I've not posted any of my builds on here before and I've not been in any of the group builds before either, so hopefully this will bring out the best in my modelling! I've got a few kits that I could do, the only thing is deciding which one or ones to do!

Rich

Definitely give it a go Rich. Maybe check out some of the other GB's for next year. They are great fun with many other modellers to help you along. GB's are just plain addictive now. Edited by snapper_city