Vietnam II - 40 Year Anniversary GB

snapper_city

Hi Guys

2015 is a long way off but it will also be forty years since the end of hostilities for the Vietnam War. Also known as the American War to the Vietnamese and sometimes referred as the second Indochina war. This conflict was a flashpoint of the cold war that affected most country's in South East Asia at some point from the end of World War Two until the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975. With nearly thirty years of conflict involving many nations air, land and sea concluding with over ten years of US involvement I feel this is a good idea for a GB next year.

Would anyone be interested??? :shrug:

1. snapper_city (Host)
  2. hgbn
  3. Shar2
  4. Antoine
  5. Enzo Matrix
  6. SaintsPhil
  7. Tomjw
  8. Mozzy19
  9. Radleigh (Co-Host)
  10. Mr Grumpylee
  11. georgeusa
  12. Mish
  13. mungo1974
  14. chockhead
  15. fallmonk
  16. The dragonborn
  17. trickyrich
  18. Mr B
  19. smuts
  20. Atom.uk
  21. AndrewE
  22. wellzy
  23. Crossy
  24. Giorgio N
  25. LDSmodeller
  26. DaveJL
  27. plasmahal
  28. chaddy
  29. Lex77
  30. swat11
  31. badger
  32. Shermaniac
  33. AndyC
  34. thepureness
  35. S48
  36. PlaStix
  37. Caerbannog
Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 1

Man I suddenly feels old. Can still remember seeing the Helo's evacuate the US embassy in the news. It is really nearly forty years ago. Man time runs fast

I missed that one being a child product of the year 1981 but then to me the 1991 Gulf war I still think of as a recent conflict even though it was 23 years ago.

Time does fly. :pilot:

• Like 1

Thanks Mark..

Can foresee four different versions of the Neptune. and some VNAF aircrafts from my hand.. Will the French Indo China war effort be eligible as well? 1.st act of the war

Thanks Mark..

Can foresee four different versions of the Neptune. and some VNAF aircrafts from my hand.. Will the French Indo China war effort be eligible as well? 1.st act of the war

I would like it to be as it would give as broad a subject base for people to choose from as possible. I know a large percentage of entries would probably have stars and bars on them but would be nice to see as varied a collection as possible.

Workhorse in the south doing a lot of close air support. If I remember correctly, then every single F-100 in the US inventory at some point in its service life was deployed to Vietnam including National guard units

Not including the F-100A which was a dayfighter

Edited by hgbn

Workhorse in the south doing a lot of close air support. If I remember correctly, then every single F-100 in the US inventory at some point in its service life was deployed to Vietnam at some time in its service life including National guard units

Not including the F-100A which was a dayfighter

It's contribution was significant, but always overshadowed by others such as the Phantom. To be honest, there are so many interesting aircraft that could be built, I feel spoiled for choice.

Cheers,

Tom.

Totally agrees Tom... I might add THE ICON of that war in my plans. The Bell UH-1D Huey The Grunt bus No.1

Good choice. Very good choice. Just finished the 'Charlie' in 1/35. I wish I could find the UH-1D in the same scale.