1/72 - Ryan NX-211 (Lindberg's Spirit of St Louis) by RS Models - re-released

Homebee

RS Model is to release a 1/72nd Ryan NX-211/ Lindberg's "Spirit of St Louis" kit - ref.92158

Test shot and sprues on display at the Spielwarenmesse Nürnberg 2014.

Source IPMS Germany: http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2014/Bilder_VH/Bilder_VH.html

RSmodel_09.jpg

RSmodel_10.jpg

spielwarenmesse-nuernberg-2014-teil-3-ve

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Source: http://rsmodels.cz/cs/modely-letadel/doplnky/1-72/92158/ryan-nyp-spirit-of-st-louis

RS-Models-Ryan-Spirit-of-St.-Louis.jpg

Ryan NYP "Spirit of St.Louis"

Product code: 92158

Officially known as the Ryan NYP (for New York to Paris), the single engine monoplane was designed by Donald A. Hall of Ryan Airlines and was named The Spirit of St. Louis in honor of Lindbergh's supporters from The St. Louis Raquette Club in his then hometown of St. Louis, Missouri. To save design time, the NYP was loosely based on the company's 1926 Ryan M-2 mailplane with the main difference being the 4,000 mile range of the NYP, and as a non-standard design the Government assigned it the registration number N-X-211 (for "experimental"). Hall documented his design in "Engineering Data on the Spirit of St. Louis" which he prepared for the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) and is included as an appendix to Lindbergh's 1953 Pulitzer Prize winning book, The Spirit of St. Louis.

ax9kpwslmz_large.jpg

RS-Models-Ryan-Spirit-of-St.-Louis-3.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

This is one to look forward to! Can anyone inform me of what the other marking schemes are? I'm really only familiar with the markings used on the transatlantic flight, and I've read that Ryan only built one NYP. Are the other schemes for replica aircraft built elsewhere?

Cheers,

Bill

• 6 years later...