1/72 - Sukhoi Su-33 "(Sea)-Flanker-D" by Trumpeter - box art

Homebee

It looks like i made a good decision by not buying the hasegawa kit... :evil_laugh:

Why ???

Are you assuming that the Trumpeter Su-33 will be better?? - or cheaper???

Don't forget that Zvezda are also doing a new-tool Su-33 as well, although going by their glacier-like speed, it could be many years before it sees the light of day.

Ken

Why ???

Are you assuming that the Trumpeter Su-33 will be better?? - or cheaper???

Don't forget that Zvezda are also doing a new-tool Su-33 as well, although going by their glacier-like speed, it could be many years before it sees the light of day.

Ken

I'm just not sure which one will be better :yikes:

Of course I'm taking Zvezda kit into consideration, but I will be able to make a decision when all three kits will be reviewed. :police:

Edited by BOMI21

Su-33 is not so interesting. What will be better, Hasegawa, Trumpeter or Zvezda?

But a expected Su-33UB (Su-27KUB) from Trumpeter is VERY interesting. First time when this version will be moulded:

su-33ub-carrier2.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Bud for me is still most wanted variant canarded version of the Su-30M.

There ale hundrets Su-30MKI, MKM etc. used worldwide with canards and thrust vectoring. And we still don't have good kit.

But a expected Su-33UB (Su-27KUB) from Trumpeter is VERY interesting. First time when this version will be moulded:

Bud for me is still most wanted variant canarded version of the Su-30M.

There ale hundrets Su-30MKI, MKM etc. used worldwide with canards and thrust vectoring. And we still don't have good kit.

I agree about the Su-33UB - but I just hope that Trumpeter gets it right.

It is totally different, airframe-wise, from a standard Flanker - even from a Su-33.

The only thing you could take from a Su-33 kit is the central 'barrel' of the fuselage, plus the undercarriage and fins - everything else is different - including the wings.

I also agree about the Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA/SM - the ones with canards and TVC - no kits at all of those variants.

And while I am looking forward to the Zvezda Su-27SM, it is a one-off - you can't make any other variants from it, nor can you use any other markings on it other than Russian.

It's a bit of a one-trick pony - surely a missed opportunity by Zvezda - they should have given us the definitive model of a Su-27 for starters.

Just my two penn'orth.

Ken