Neoplan Cityliner Coach build with lights

Hi Guys

For those who have looked at the pictures of my finished Cityliner coach with lighting photo's HERE and wondered how it can be done, I have uploaded some build pictures onto FLICKR which can be found HERE

Hopefully it will give others an idea of what is involved and how, with a little patience and thought, lights can make a kit more realistic.

Kevin

Stage1_01

Stage1_03Stage1_04Stage1_06

Stage1_07

More pictures to follow..............

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures

I am impressed!

Where did you get the blue strip lights for the roof and floor?

B

Actually the 'blue' lights are white(ish) but appear blue because of the tinted windows.

I bought them from here:

http://www.elwirecraft.co.uk/

They are not cheap as you have to buy a driver/inverter to use with them but the effect is good and you can run more than one cable from one driver/inverter.

• 1 year later...

Just stumbled on this, love the bus. What light set did you get? I went through the site and it's a bit confusing. They don't give to much dimensions or suggest ideas. I don't want to but the wrong set since my dollar is so bad to the pound.

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled on this, love the bus. What light set did you get? I went through the site and it's a bit confusing. They don't give to much dimensions or suggest ideas. I don't want to but the wrong set since my dollar is so bad to the pound.

Thanks. Appreciate the kind comments.

I didn't actually use a light set. All of the lights are 2mm and 3mm LED's which I mainly purchased from Ebay. The lights along the side are just rectangular LED's.

Since building this kit I have found a new type of wire to use (Kynar) which is really thin and is far easier to conseal. I found that on the US Ebay site there was far more choice of LED's, etc, and they seemed far cheaper than on the UK site.