1/48 Academy Mig-21PF(S or FL) Egyptian AF

Excellent, Phil. I really love it.

(BTW, sorry, but can't resist: hope, that was not one of new Kitchen surfaces to be seen in the background...? ;-))

Edited by Tom Cooper

Fortunately, for me, that's not any part of the the kitchen but just my trusty £4 ikea coffee table that acts as my mobile work bench!

To start the weathering process I've added a panel line wash

image-59.jpg

image-60.jpg

It's also had a matt coat to seal that in and give me a base to add further weathering!

Phil

Edited by SaintsPhil
  • Like 1

You know what Tom I did wonder if they were a tad small, compared to the drawing you sent me. They're all I had, I used the ones from my Eduard PFM kit, I guess they're either wrong or the rounded size changed? I'm going to live with it now I think, I'd never get new ones to bed down quite as well. If that's the only mistake I'll be happy!

Phil

Ok thanks Tom, roundel size seems to be a bit of a minefield!

...at least for most of decal manufacturers, yes.

I often wonder what kind of references are they using....

Anyway, I've posted something about RJAF Hunters in that thread too. Hope, it might be of some use. And don't worry, I'm no 'MiGs only' maniac - although I can hardly wait to see your complete 8045 (these PF/S are something like my 'sentimental favourites'; they were hopeless underdogs). :pilot:

Thanks Tom I saw that, I thought (hoped) you might have some useful info on the Hunter!

I've finished the weathering now and painted the gun pop Aluminium so I'm on the home stretch!

Check back later for pictures!!

Edited by SaintsPhil

• 2 weeks later...