Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000N ASMP

_H_

Hello again, twice in one night thats not good!! ;) This is my first completed kit of 2014 finished on Jan 4th.

Ok Kinetics Mirage 2000 kit with Master pitot and refueling probe, Aires exhaust can and Syhart decals. This build actually started as a bit of a bet. I was talking to one of our club members and said I'd like to build a Mirage 2000 and he said I could have his as long as I did the model in the decal scheme he had. Obviously not expecting such a dramatic scheme I said yes. The following week he turned up with it and although I understand the scheme wouldn't be everyones first choice I really fancied building it!

Actual kit is not too bad to build and I did try to add some anhedral into the wing which worked to an extent. The paint work was pretty fun and tested me a little as well as using about five square miles of masking tape!

Paints used were Humbrol (blue) Gunze (yellow, red, Black) and Tamiya (silver) Decals from Syhart were fantastic and I would definitely use them again.

I'm not wholly convinced the nose of the kit is correct but I certainly don't know my Mirages well enough but I did realise early that this aircraft has some different aerials and fits from those told in the instructions. Think I'm pretty close but there's certainly one thats not quite correct. Also the main landing gear legs are VERY weak and I have had to repair them mutiple times including twice tonight and they never go back as good the second (or fifth) time around. I think they could use some pins!

On to the pics:

DSC03025.jpg

DSC03027.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

DSC03030.jpg

DSC03031.jpg

DSC03032.jpg

DSC03036.jpg

Well thats it, onto Great Walls F-15 now, probably ought to start a wip...

Thanks for looking

Howard

• Like 4

very nice! :wow:

fist time I see the new exhausts from AIres being used! how did they fit? any issues? by the way, they look great!

I think you nailed the scheme perfectly, and share your opinion about Syhart decals! they work great!

pitty about the landing gears, I am quite shore there is a set from Scale Aircraft Conversion caring for this little annoyance.... :banghead:

cheers, Werner

Thanks Werner,

I honestly don't think I would have bought the exhaust if it hadn't come with the kit but in reality up against the kit parts it's worlds apart and it has made me want one for every jet kit I have now!

Yeah SAC gear probably should have been purchased for it really :( I'll know for next time that's for sure!

Regards

Howard

• Like 1