GB Chat

Brilliant group build, thanks ever so much for running things Phil. Cheers to Tom for his information and banter!

Regards

Howard

I would also like to add my thanks to Phil and all involved for getting this going. This was my first Mig-21 build and whilst they are not the best models I have produced, I thoroughly enjoyed making them and would like to make another in a larger scale.

It was big fun watching all the various works coming into being, and nearly everything I've seen so far came out really great.

I'm only so sad I've lacked the time to offer more and better advice - i.e. the lack of time sometimes caused some confusion on my part. My apologies for this, and hearthy congrats to everybody involved.

(Ah, and to make sure everything remains fair: I'll abstain from voting. Not only that I'm certainly biased regarding specific topics, but I greatly appreciate the enthusiasm and investment of everybody involved and wouldn't have the heart to vote any of modell for 'better' than any other.)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it was such a great GB, and the finished models were all great, so glad to have been a part of it.

I fell in love with the Splinter MiG as soon as I saw it, to those who saw the real thing I hope I did it justice.

Will so be looking forward to the next MiG-21 STGB, need to build another to keep this one company!

Big thanks to Phil for all the effort in running a fantastic an enjoyable GB, and for Tom being the information master, we so do need people like that around.

Rich

Congrats Rich, beautiful model!

Once again thanks to Phil for keeping things in order and to Tom for essentially free information that was most helpful.

Great group build, great finished models.

Regards

Howard

Thanks for that Tom, you helped and inspired everyone in this build, they're an amazing prize to have been put up, so a big thanks to you and your publisher for them.

Not that I would know. The F-5 is an even more 'obsucre' topic than MiG-21, at least here in the 'West'.

Which is pity, theoretically, there is so much to do. Just imagine building an F-5A that first served with the IIAF, then with VNAF (South Vietnam Air Force), then went either back to the IIAF, or was re-routed for South Korea, Philippines etc. - and might have got some spare parts from another example, due to combat damage...

Other 'exotic' F-5s that come to my mind would include Ethiopian As adapted to carry Soviet-made UB-16-57 rocket pods, or an Ethiopian E with 5 kill markings; Iranian E that shot down an Iraqi MiG-25 (with 20mm cannons), or some trully spectacular Phiilippino AF examples, with unit insignia, personal names etc....

Glad to see the "Iranian Tigers at War" coming on the market; we exchanged some e-mails back in '03 and '04 about the Iran F-5s and you mentioned you were going to bring out a book on the subject, will look forward to picking that one up.

Regards

Jim Barr