Airfix I/72 ME109G - FINISHED

Hi folks,my entry(and there will no doubt be more) is this sort of new tool me109 in Swiss air force markings as a change from the

norm.SDC10769_zps7ace4c2c.jpg

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 1

I've built a Swiss 109G myself using those Italeri decals on a Hobbyboss kit, let me know if you need any information on these ! During my build I got some good information about these aircrafts

Thanks Giorgio,I have long lost the Italeri instructions so the net is my only point of reference.

Since I have a few days off I gave it a start,now I am not an interior person just go with what the kit offers but this kit offers a seat! it glues into the

fuselage and thats it,so a little bit of not so accurate detail, floor,stick.instrument panel,pedals were added when painted it should look busy.Also

something I have never seen before someone at the factory has signed it!obviously takes pride in his work,SDC10773_zps8cb5f510.jpgSDC10772_zpse4cdfa6f.jpg

Thanks Giorgio,I have long lost the Italeri instructions so the net is my only point of reference.

Drop me a PM, I can send you a scan of the instructions !

I also have a couple of books and magazines, will dig through and find the most important information.

That kit cockpit looks about the same as the 1:48 revell version I'm buiding for this (its a G-10 but...)

There really is just a seat supplied, the ribbing is evergreen strip the floor is off an airfix spitfire MK9 the instrument panel as the unused retracted wheel

and the rest just scrap plastic once painted and detailed it will look busy.

• Like 1

Well after my jumping the gun on Wednesday here,s the painted interior as anyone who has built this kit knows there is no detail at all in

the cockpit other than the seat.SDC10794_zps033bb012.jpg

• Like 1

Here,s the last few days progress on this one.for some reason I thought this aircraft wore the red/white I.D. bands that the Swiss used for a time but thanks

to fellow member Giorgio who supplied me with the instructions and and some great photo,s it wore a subdued scheme but still a bit different from the norm.SDC10797_zps50baa483.jpg

• Like 2

Happy with the progress over the last three days,here it is glossed and decaled apart from the codes.I had to cut white decal strips and cover the

originals as they were so thin they looked pink!and since the photo I have re-done the tail cross,As a brush painter I avoid mottle finishes like the

plague but by the time it,s weathered and matt coated should be OK for the scale.Thanks for looking.SDC10805_zps8a6783ef.jpg

• Like 2

I'd say the mottle effect is pretty good, had you not mentioned it was done with a brush I'd have thought it was airbrushed !

Pity about the decals. When I used the same decals I had none of these problems, wonder if Italeri moved to a different decal supplier in the meantime

Edited by Giorgio N

Calling this one done folks,only thing that I am disappointed with was the fuselage crosses which I ham fisted touched up but a nice easy build.

going into the gallery now.

• Like 1