Revell Routemaster Bus - Lighting Build

Hi everyone

I know that this kit has already been built and is not as such 'work in progress' but I thought it may be more useful in this section for those who may be constructing the same model.

Hopefully it will convince others that it is possible to find a way to light this kit and improve on my attempt.

Regards

Kevin

RM (1)

RM (2)

RM (3)

RM (5)

RM (23)

RM (24)

RM28

Routmaster (17)

Routmaster (16)

Routmaster (25)

RM (9)

RM (8)

RM (11)

RM (12)

RM (19)

RM (27)

RM31

RM32

RM (28)

RM (7)

RM (30)

RM (31)

RM (32)

RM (34)

RM (36)

RM (38)

RM49

RM (44)

RM (45)

RM (48)

RM (50)

RM (52)

RM67

RM38

RM (58)

RM (14)a

Indicator Lens Assembly

BusLights0003

BusLights0002

BusLights0001

RM44

RM (46b)

RM (46f)

Edited by ukmodeller
update images
  • Like 2

That really well done I may use this idea of lighting on a 1/24 Christmas coca cola truck im doing for the family (partner mainly) I also like the way you have routed the wires on the underneath again well done

• Like 1

That really well done I may use this idea of lighting on a 1/24 Christmas coca cola truck im doing for the family (partner mainly) I also like the way you have routed the wires on the underneath again well done

Thanks for your kind comment. As they say 'out of sight, out of mind'. If I was going to re-make the kit again I would use thinner wire all round as it would make it far easier.

Now, that is going to be one hell of a project with the Cola truck. My daughters wanted me to make something like that but I pointed out that, on my budget, buying the cab and trailor would cost me a fortune without allowing for the hundreds of lights.

Really looking forward to seeing your build when you do it though.

Regards

Yeah I made the rookie mistake of agreeing to do it before pricing it up but it will be a good project and now thanks to your build I have a rough idea how to do the lights

It will be an amazing project to do.

I purchased most of my LED's from Ebay as you can get some really good deals there. As long as you are careful and opt for 'from UK only' you should get some quality lights. I also got some Kynar wire from there too. It is very thin, which makes it easier to route.

Obviously the trailor is going to need the bulk of the lights but have you thought about only lighting one side of it?

If it is in a display case, you will only see 3 sides of the trailor - front, back & side.

Good luck with it anyway.

• 1 year later...

you made it realy nice.

i am working at the same bus right now and i was curious to see how the false roof of the top deck looked from the inside.

Edited by kobe

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2015 at 1:35 PM, kobe said:

you made it realy nice.

i am working at the same bus right now and i was curious to see how the false roof of the top deck looked from the inside.

Thanks Kobe.

The plastic card that I used for the false roof was not too thick, so as to give it some flexibility when the real roof was attached. Hopefully, you can see from this picture that the false top side panels do not show them as being straight rather than curved. Once painted they just seemed to blend in. Hope this helps.

Kevin

RM67

Edited by ukmodeller
update images
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...