The Fleet!

How about something in a BA plane? :)

Like your corroguard work - I also favour the black outlines wherever possible.

Look forward to seeing the rest of your fleet.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks guys.

I started off with the Airbus then did the 737, and was looking for the Revell 747 for ages as it's very rare now. Some people get the Lufthansa one which has the wrong engines, but I couldn't be doing that! I remember I had the 747 at school but made a mess of it. Transfers are from Draw Decal, waited two weeks for them from America. And yes, it's massive, struggling to find a decent place to put it!

Lovely clean builds, very precise and well made.

Luckily for your modelling mojo, you still have the bulk of the fleet (777s) yet to be represented, not to mention the 76, 78 and A380! Unfortunately there are still no good injection kits of the 777 available in 1/144.

Looks good so far though :thumbsup2:

Al (BA employee!)

And yes, it's massive, struggling to find a decent place to put it!

This is complete sacrilege and heresy, and I will deny this under oath, but on the 747 I built, I did not attach the starboard wing. This way, I can 'wiggle' the aircraft into my display case, and then position the wing in place. Port side outwards, and nobody would guess.

My A380 however, currently gathering dust in my seldom used dining room - just too huge to go anywhere. Not sure what the long term solution here is.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

I was thinking about a smaller scale, but got the Airbus and the 737 at 144, so I couldn't get the 747 any other size! Not attaching a wing is a fairly intuitive way of going about it!

I got a display case for my Audi R8 but it's fairly easy to find some for 1:24 cars... These planes are another story. For the smaller ones I need them about 30cm x 30cm, but they're pricey. I don't even want to think about how much one for the 747 would cost. I've actually got my eye on the A380 now that BA operate them, but I don't think even a British Airways livery can make that plane look good!

Have a couple more shots of the smaller ones.

2012-04-13112724.jpg

2012-04-13113023.jpg

Worth noting is how much lower to the ground the 737 is than the Airbus. I fly the 737 (not for BA) and I don't try to walk under it when I'm doing the exterior inspection, when the Easyjet guys next to me can happily stroll back and forth under theirs!

Edited by tommchowat

Nicely done, not a bad looking plane really. I would like to do a 777 as I'm in love with the size of those huge GE engines, but I'm also afraid of the size of a 1:144 one and where it could go!

There is always the oppourtunity to get the Hasegawa 1:200 one :)

Robin

Both your Airbus and your 737 are stunning. I binned my Minicraft 737 and picked up a handful of those DACO Skyline kits instead and they're still in the stash with BA decals for them.

Have disassembled and rebuilt G-DOCN more than once!

Your comment on the height of the 2 jets struck a chord as we only did it when the 737 was jacked up!!! I still find it quite amazing how big the MLG is on the A320 family after years of the nice short 737 legs.

Great stuff,

Eng

Thanks mate.

I fly the -800 so as well as the risk of banging your head off the fuselage there's the increased risk of banging the tail off the runway! The latter hasn't happened to me... Yet.

Won't be long before DOCN is sent over to the US to be scrapped (unless it's gone already?) Few of the 747s are disappearing gradually too. Sad, but that's the way it goes.

Don't know if OCN has gone to Victorville, CA, for breaking yet, did see OCA on Monday which will be the oldest BA -400. I'm sure there's a few 74's parked up at CWI that will undoubtably be scrapped at some point to.

What's next on your BA fleet build? Are you going to build all the Airbus types i.e 320 and 321 as we'll?

Eng