Revell 1:24 Routemaster with lighting

Great looking bus and even better with lights. I'm very impressed how many you got in. I know how much work it took for me to get a couple of flashing lights into one of my kits so I can only guess at the work involved with so many. I've got this kit but I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do this.

Well done!

Kind regards,

Stix

You don't see a kit like this every day, this was really interesting to view. I love it. Great work!

Great looking bus and even better with lights. I'm very impressed how many you got in. I know how much work it took for me to get a couple of flashing lights into one of my kits so I can only guess at the work involved with so many. I've got this kit but I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do this.

Well done!

Kind regards,

Stix

If you do feel adventurous at all, I have posted pictures of how I constructed it all in the Forum under the heading 'Work in Progress - Vehicles' section under the heading of 'Revell Routemaster Bus - Lighting Build'. Even if you only put a small amount of lights in the kit, it will give you a buzz.

Kevin

• Like 1

You don't see a kit like this every day, this was really interesting to view. I love it. Great work!

Thanks for the compliment. Always appreciated.

As I said in the intro, there was only one other person (from Germany) who had attempted this, so there was very little in the way of examples on the Internet of how it could be done. Of course, now that I have done it once, if I made it again I would change a lot of how I did the wiring, etc.

Maybe one day......................

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

If you do feel adventurous at all, I have posted pictures of how I constructed it all in the Forum under the heading 'Work in Progress - Vehicles' section under the heading of 'Revell Routemaster Bus - Lighting Build'. Even if you only put a small amount of lights in the kit, it will give you a buzz.

Kevin

Yeah I'm probably going to have to put some in when I get around to building it! I've got your WiP bookmarked.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

• 3 months later...

Well, it's been a while since I have been here due to other commitments, but the itching to start a new project has been like a mad rash. Alas, my birthday is in November and Christmas is a while away so it had to be something on a tight budget.

I remembered that one of the comments, posted here, noted the lack of atmosphere in my photo's of my illuminated RM and, after some searching, I found some figures on Ebay for a few quid.

So, below is a sample of a few of the photo's with figures included. The drivers hat, the bus stop 'post' and the ticket machine and belts on the conductor were all scratch built. Don't look too close but, hopefully, a little more atmosphere exists.

This is the link to the original album: ORIGINAL

This is the link to my illuminated Neoplan Cityliner: CITY

Thanks for viewing.

RM01_zps19d54988

RM02_zps1b56934a

RM04_zps50173118

RM11_zps5664a508

RM12_zpsf7ff09e7

RM20_zpsc269571b

My beautiful picture

RM42_zpsb91e1115

My beautiful picture

My beautiful picture

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 1

I recognise those figures :) That is much better - seen too many bus builds that have no figures and the thing about the bus was it ALWAYS had people in and around it.

This was my conductor using the old-style ticket machine:

DSCF7881.JPG

I was goign to say we used the same figure but yours has his hands in his pockets!

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I recognise those figures :) That is much better - seen too many bus builds that have no figures and the thing about the bus was it ALWAYS had people in and around it.

This was my conductor using the old-style ticket machine:

I was goign to say we used the same figure but yours has his hands in his pockets!

Thanks. I am impressed with your ticket machine.

You didn't happen to get your figures from China (on Ebay) did you?

I searched everywhere for some semi decent figures but they cost as much as the kit!

Had to wait about 3 weeks but it was worth it, as I received enough figures that I could experiment a little.

Amazing how we virtually chose the same figure for the conductor.

As for the hands-in-pocket figures, like the driver figure at the front, it was what I remember always seeing when I was a kid in the 1960's.

Crews tended to be quite casual................

Yup the very same figures and its not a coincidence we chose the same one for the conductor, its the only one with the right pose lol :)

My ticket machine was basically carved out of a lump of Milliput, painted silver with a pair of plastic discs salvaged from somewhere and a couple of bits of spare PE:

DSCF7823.JPG

Mine is in the old early 70s green uniform of London Country. In the mid 70s they changed to mid-grey but then they had the smaller ticket machines as well.

• Like 1

Yup the very same figures and its not a coincidence we chose the same one for the conductor, its the only one with the right pose lol :)

My ticket machine was basically carved out of a lump of Milliput, painted silver with a pair of plastic discs salvaged from somewhere and a couple of bits of spare PE:

DSCF7823.JPG

Mine is in the old early 70s green uniform of London Country. In the mid 70s they changed to mid-grey but then they had the smaller ticket machines as well.

Great picture and now I am even more impressed. Amazing how we have both the same details re: Straps and money satchel.

Very nice done..i've done this model and i can say that it is a hard one..lots of work on it..i will post some pics with mine at some point..chers

Thanks. Look forward to seeing the pictures of yours.

I never seem to tire of admiring other peoples work on the Routemaster and I'm glad to see that others are attempting to add lighting to their kits. :thumbsup: