GB Chat ~ We Have A Winner ~

Hi guys, noob here.

I think participating in a group build might just be the thing to get me back in the swing of things. The subject I have in mind would actually qualify for TWO of the current GBs (namely: less than a tenner and Trainer Types).

Is that admissible? Entering one model in two GBs?

(only just seen this) I don't mind personally, and as Hotel Papa is a newbie I'd like to say yes.. reason being as it'll entice him (and others) to maybe enter more GB's? So long as the model meets both GB rules I can't see an issue?

Edited by Radleigh
  • Like 2

Not really sure on this one. Has it ever been done before Mish? I would say out of sportsmanship only enter one but at the end of the day I'm easy? Will have to check with Radleigh & the training types lot

Occasionally someone asks, it doesn't come up very often, probably 4 or 5 times since I've been looking after the GBs. From memory I think a request has only ever been refused once and that was because there was prizes in each of the GBs

Hi guys, noob here.

I think participating in a group build might just be the thing to get me back in the swing of things. The subject I have in mind would actually qualify for TWO of the current GBs (namely: less than a tenner and Trainer Types).

Is that admissible? Entering one model in two GBs?

Occasionally someone asks, it doesn't come up very often, probably 4 or 5 times since I've been looking after the GBs. From memory I think a request has only ever been refused once and that was because there was prizes in each of the GBs

In light of this I don't have a problem with you entering this GB.

Hotel Papa: Please feel free to start a build thread in this GB and if the guys running the training types gives you the green light then join there GB also. (I don't know if you have asked them yet or if they have replied to your request.)

Hotel Papa: Please feel free to start a build thread in this GB and if the guys running the training types gives you the green light then join there GB also. (I don't know if you have asked them yet or if they have replied to your request.)

Done so a few minutes ago and got the green light there as well. (Sorry for the mixup about he GB sponsors)

Expect a build thread going up in the next few days.

Edited by Hotel Papa
  • Like 1

Hi Guys

We are a week into the GB and there has been some cracking work already taken place. We have one finished build in the gallery already and Speedman is well on the way to breaking records.

We currently have 61 build threads running of all shapes and sizes including:

Air Racers

WW2 Legends

Jets

A Flying Wing

Turbo Props

Helicopters

A Tank Transporter

Tanks

A mine Clearer

Racing Cars

Civilian Vehicles

A Fire Truck

Even Birds have made it into the GB

Scales including 1:1, 1:100, 1:144, 1:200, 1:24, 1:25, 1:32, 1:35, 1:43, 1:48, 1:50?, 1:72, 1:76

Currently no maritime kits being built but I hope to change that with my third entry.

This is turning out to be a right old eclectic GB.

:hobbyhorse: If you still haven't entered then what are you waiting for. Start a thread and join the madness... :hobbyhorse:

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 1

Hi Mods

I'd like to enter with this little lad:-

boxtop.jpg

I got it for 1 euro at an aviation fair last November in Dublin. On my reckoning 1 euro is about 82 pence, which must be one of the cheapest kits in the GB.

Let me know if this is OK, and I'll start a thread.

Thanks,

Philip

• Like 3

We currently have 61 build threads running of all shapes and sizes

Yay! Due to the awful weather, what I had on tomorrow has been cancelled so I get more time to build stuff. :) Before that though, I'm going to catch up with everyone's builds. I've been so flat out I've barely had time to look at them :(

• Like 1

I've been a bit ill over the last few days so haven't even thought of the Hudson, managed to get the white on the He-111 though which means tomorrow should be Hudson day all day, just hope I shake this off what ever it is I have!?

Welcome to all the new people, and Mark, it's turning out to be a proper busy GB, which is great. Roll on L.T.A.T 2! ;)

• Like 1

Hi there!

Another late comer here, hoping to participate in my first ever GB. Got the Revell 1/72 Me262B on the way in the post, got it for only £150 as it has no engines. Scratch building the engine atm :)

Ben.

£150?

• Like 1

LOL, £150! Think you've made a slight mistake ;) Welcome to the GB though!

I've made progress on the Typhoon and Hudson, so will have an update this week, still feeling a bit under the weather and the tablets I take for my back aren't helping either (they are for my back though).