GB Chat ~ We Have A Winner ~

I'm really looking forward to this GB As an OOB 1:72 kit builder this is just my cup of coffee (I don't drink tea).

Thanks for running this gents :goodjob:

I now need to sort through my 200+ 1:72 kits to see which ones meet the rules and I want to build. :pilot:

• Like 1

Well I think my big project might be back on the bench again, as I went and blew my PE budget for the magazine build on a wonderful Airfix Box Art print.

Let me get next weekend out of the way and I'll make a decision.

1 vote for the big project. :wicked: That will be most welcome and I would love to see 'that' built up.. :frantic:

• Like 2

Only one day left to work this week. Then it is a four day weekend. Need to work on my Vacform box and frame so it is ready for service, when this GB starts. Also need to work a little on my Neptune before Saturday.

• Like 1

Well I think my big project might be back on the bench again, as I went and blew my PE budget for the magazine build on a wonderful Airfix Box Art print.

Let me get next weekend out of the way and I'll make a decision.

Big project? Enquiring minds want to know! :-)

Hi Mark,

Yes, that looks like the one, I won't be adding the Vichy stripes though (colourful as they are)...

Henrik, yes, unfortunately the resemblance to the Bf110 did cause problems; that white stripe on the fuselage is not the later 'Armistice Stripe', it was introduced in May 1940 to the Potez heavy fighters in an effort to reduce the amount being lost to 'Friendly Fire'.

Cheers,

Stew

I'm very excited about this GB. :bounce: Both my builds will be pure nostalgia having built the same kits thirty-odd years ago.

Saturday will be a good day. The Mig-21 STGB starts on the same day so I will be starting six kits at once! :mental:

• Like 3

I'm very excited about this GB. :bounce: Both my builds will be pure nostalgia having built the same kits thirty-odd years ago.

Saturday will be a good day. The Mig-21 STGB starts on the same day so I will be starting six kits at once! :mental:

Don't get them mixed up!

Hi can you make a exception in the no-aftermarket rule for a vacform canopy?, as i got an old Fujimi Hawkeye i bought for 80 dkk (~£9)

12220726506_968924ee00_z.jpg
As you can see i already cut the roof.
The cockpit assembly and paint was done by the previous owner.
:cheers:

Hmmm. Did you buy the canopy or was is with the kit when you bought it??? I don't really have a massive issue with this as you are technically correcting a previous owners exploits not improving. Would you be completely reworking the pit??

I will put this too the masses. What do we thing guys / Radleigh??? :hmmm:

I will put this too the masses. What do we thing guys / Radleigh??? :hmmm:

It's fine with me, if the original part was faulty (which it was) and I see it as a replacement part, not so much aftermarket.. ie a bundle of resin etc. Also I look at it in a way that getting a replacement part might be an issue, so no other option is available apart from a vac canopy.

• Like 1