GB Chat ~ We Have A Winner ~

Absolutely agreed - a very difficult decision! I had to make a shortlist, then a shorter list, then decide which of those to pick!

I didn't enter this GB (other things laid claim to my time) but would have liked to. My congratulations to everyone; I've enjoyed looking at the results of your labours, and the GB title has allowed a really wide range of very interesting subjects. Thanks also to the hosts - well worth your time and effort.

Jon

• Like 3

I used up my entire daily quota of 'Likes' and I didn't even get to the second gallery.....I will continue tomorrow, all the builds in this GB are splendid, it just goes to show you don't need to do £40 or £50 quid on a kit to get a good result. :coolio:

• Like 3

I have to say i felt realy big big frustration myself, when i was picking one build, which ll get my vote.. There were 15,20 or maybe even more who i thought would deserve my vote and i feel realy bad inside, that i could pick just one :( Now i m not complaining,i know its rule and its same for everyone, just, you know.. I had my favourite since beginning, because it was something i saw for the first time ever in this gb (never met that kind of kits before), but many other guys would deserve the vote too :( I think this is the only downside. Everything else about this GB was just great and pure fun and i learned some new things by watching others and reading their advices :) So once again, big :thumbsup2: to everyone! :)

Edited by Wolwe82

Just a quick reminder guys.

You are only allowed to vote on one build over the two gallery's.

For the rest of the sections please vote 'My choice is not in this group'

Thanks..

After being very ruthless I have whittled it down to 12. This is so hard...

Ok, I have now voted. Man that was tough.

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 1

It's a shame we can't get the voting to reach a wider audience on the forum. Personally I feel the amount of votes being cast verses the amount of members here on BM is really low. I remember over 100 people voting for LTAT to be a GB last year. I haven't counted but I doubt anywhere near that many have voted this time. I feel this is an issue for most of the GB's though.

Don't be disheartened by the small number of votes Mark. There are so many brilliant builds in this GB, and splitting it over six (?) sections in two Galleries has made it quite complicated. The measure of the success in the GB comes from the fact that so many of us who voted for it, and many more others, have built something and put it - or them - in the Galleries. This was such a wide reaching GB it sparked huge interest and your hard work and commitment made it even more of a success. Thank you.

PS: I have voted!

• Like 2

Don't be disheartened by the small number of votes Mark. There are so many brilliant builds in this GB, and splitting it over six (?) sections in two Galleries has made it quite complicated. The measure of the success in the GB comes from the fact that so many of us who voted for it, and many more others, have built something and put it - or them - in the Galleries. This was such a wide reaching GB it sparked huge interest and your hard work and commitment made it even more of a success. Thank you.

PS: I have voted!

It has defiantly been a great GB. Like you say by the fact that it got voted through and grabbed the imagination of so many ending in well over 100 finishes in the gallery. I'm still staggered it was so popular.

I voted, but I struggled as others did because there were so many superb builds.

Tell me about it. It takes ages just looking through them all.

As we go into the last 24 hours of voting I would like to personally say a many many thanks to all that have entered and made 'Less Than a Tenner' the group build it was.

:worthy:

There has been some stunning work done over the last 4 months and I have chatted to some really great guys. :cheers:

Maybe see you all again for LTAT2 someday. :shrug:

Until then keep building simple kits from time to time. It keeps things interesting and is great for gaining a bit of mojo when levels are low. :thumbsup2:

I will post the results of the poll tonight.

:thumbsup:

Peace..

• Like 5

Enjoyed this GB immensely, and the active hosting wad great to see, and impressive given the sheer amount of threads.

Been some great and unusual builds, and Fantastic that so many were finished.

The polls closed and the results are in.

Congratulations to Wolwe82's superb De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI voted Less Than A Tenner winner.

1st: Wolwe82's D.H. Mosquito FB Mk. VI with 8 votes

089.jpg

Joint 2nd Alex Gordon's Kingfisher & snapper_city's Liberty Ship - SS Jeremiah O'Brien both with 6 votes

AirfixKingfisher107_zps38048ce7.jpg

13415316964_694d6123fb_b.jpg

​Honourable mentions all with 4 votes

Wolwe82's Spitfire IXc IDF marking, Jörgen Stendahl's Wright Flyer, Natter's Boeing Clipper & Jherek's Ju87-B2 Stuka

017.jpg

Wright84.jpg

a20140519-Clipper001_zpsa8c7d426.jpg

IMG_5521_zps51d782f3.jpg

Thank you to everyone who got involved in the GB.

• Like 4

Well done Wolwe, excellent and well-deserved result mate!

It's been a pleasure to take part in this Group Build and I will look forward to joining in for LTAT 2 or as Steve suggests, LTAF :cheers:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Well what a marathon. Firstly congratulations to the poll winners, glad to see the build I voted for got placed. Secondly congratulations and thanks to all that took part, in what is the most popular GB we have ever run on Britmodeller. And lastly thanks to the hosts Mark and Radleigh. This has been on of the busiest GBs to look after,the lions share being handled by Mark whom I think you will all agree has done a sterling job. Thanks Mark and Radliegh.

Now a special thanks and this is a bit of a two fold thanks as it covers not only this GB but the equally well attended and run Obsolete Kit GB. These two GBs between have done a lot for the Group Build scene on Britmodeller. Not only have we seen a lot of entries, many from members who don't normally take part in GBs and some who don't normally post their work. I would like to thank and congratulate you all, and encourage you to continue to post your work be it in the general WIP/RFI areas or, I hope, in future GBs.

Well done all and thank you.

Edited by Mish
  • Like 9

Well done Wolwe! Well deserved. And congrats to Alex and Snapper too! Again well deserved. Fantastic GB and I am looking forward to the next - whether it costs less than a tenner or a fiver!

Well done too to Snapper and Radleigh for such a well run GB and to Mish for overseeing it all!

• Like 2

Great post Mish, and well done to the winners and all who took part. I really like this style of GB, I hope we can manage something similar next year.

Will

• Like 3

I really like this style of GB, I hope we can manage something similar next year.

How about a "Kits you built as a kid" GB? Choose a kit you built twenty... thirty... forty... even fifty years ago, when you were much younger. Build it again!

Both my entries for this GB would fall into that category.

• Like 4

First, i have to join the voices of others, this was awesome GB and i personaly had a lot of fun and learned some new stuff while reading others WIP threads! :)

Second, thanks a lot to everyone who voted for me, i realy appreciate that a lot :) I have to say, for me, there were builds which would deserve it more so i feel happy and a bit sad at same time :/

I cannt wait to see next LTAT or obsolette or similar GB going :)

• Like 2

How about a "Kits you built as a kid" GB?

That's a great idea, the only problem for me is I didn't build enough, and I find it hard to identify what I did build. Did Airfix do a Draken, I seem to remember that?

Will

• Like 3