GB Chat ~ We Have A Winner ~

I will put this too the masses. What do we thing guys / Radleigh??? :hmmm:

I know the decision has been made but I'd still like to add my :2c: worth (i.e. poke my nose in). Since one of the purposes of a GB is to encourage people to build a model that might otherwise gather dust on a shelf, then any time there's reasonable doubt about eligibility it should be allowed in.

• Like 2

I know the decision has been made but I'd still like to add my :2c: worth (i.e. poke my nose in). Since one of the purposes of a GB is to encourage people to build a model that might otherwise gather dust on a shelf, then any time there's reasonable doubt about eligibility it should be allowed in.

This was my kind of my thinking. Yes some might say it is bending a rule a tiny bit but at the end of the day if it is the difference between someone entering a GB and not then what's the problem. As stated its replacing a part that the previous owner has tarnished so not exactly a major rule bend.

• Like 1

I also have no issue with this.

As for the group build, I'm in for certain, been a good week with a bad arm. I have spent this week building battlestar Galactica without any issues so I reckon I can handle blue thunder for the GB.

I did, however, do a little bit of work when I bought the kit, limited to cutting the molded handles from the tail boom sides and cutting the keyboard and monitors from the observers console.

Who knows, I might even manage a second build.

Yaaaaaaay! I'm making models again!

• Like 1

Yippie. Two more choices turned up today. Not sure which one to enter yet?

12227251595_d339d5f5f3_b.jpg
IMG_3504 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
12227659724_53fb0b2be6_b.jpg
IMG_3505 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
12227838226_5c94801d42_b.jpg
IMG_3506 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
The Liberty ship is tiny compared to the Missouri.
12227247505_5e41fe6c5d_b.jpg
IMG_3508 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
  • Like 1

Yippie. Two more choices turned up today. Not sure which one to enter yet?

That's easy. Both of 'em! :lol: You know you want to... :wicked:

P1270003_zpsc377fafe.jpg

:thumbsup: The Esci kit is still available, albeit in an Italeri box. It's still an excellent kit even though it's over thirty years old. I built three of them for the F-104 STGB a ouple of years ago.

Building it from an Esci box will be a real nostalgia trip.

Heres my deal. The build time line is until June so there could be more in the offing. :captain:
P1270005_zps92374253.jpg
P1270003_zpsc377fafe.jpg

Nice choices.

That's easy. Both of 'em! :lol: You know you want to... :wicked:

I want to build both. I will have to see how time goes.

Group Build Starts @ Midnight Tonight Guys.

A Mig-21 with the wings of a Mirage F1? :hmmm: that would be interesting!

Would they look any different???

The Mirage wings join at the top of the fuselage whearas the Mig wings join mid-fuselage. So there would have to be a different undercarriage arrangement.

I think it would end up looking similar to the Lockheed Lancer.

It's an interesting project which could involve some leftover parts from the Matchbox Migs. :hmmm:

It's interesting and entertaining to see the amazing variety of kits which have been bought for less than a tenner. :)

Sometimes luck can lead to some great purchases ! I got this off the stash yesterday, a kit I bought last october from the stall of a large hobby shop at a local model fair:

IMG_0748_zps0bc0e197.jpg

€ 10 is around £8.25, not bad for a brand new kit that usually retails over £40

I've been tempted to build this one for the GB, but I feel it does not really fit with the spirit of the GB.

Still, it takes special place in my stash as personal best bargain ever on a new kit

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 1

Sometimes luck can lead to some great purchases ! I got this off the stash yesterday, a kit I bought last october from the stall of a large hobby shop at a local model fair:

€ 10 is around £8.25, not bad for a brand new kit that usually retails over £40

I've been tempted to build this one for the GB, but I feel it does not really fit with the spirit of the GB.

Still, it takes special place in my stash as personal best bargain ever on a new kit

I don't have an issue with that as I have seen a few £40 kits selling for around a tenner on the bay. It would be welcome in my eyes.

• Like 3

I know that aftermarket decals are acceptable in this GB, but is that only of the kit decals are unusable?

It may be that I can fit a third build into this GB. If I do, would it be acceptable to use decals from the remains of a 30 year old aftermarket sheet, even though there is nothing wrong with the kit decals? I just don't fancy any of the kit schemes...

Thanks all. I've had the decal sheet since around 1980, when I built two subjects from it.

I won't say anything definite about the third build just yet. It might not happen - depends on how I get along with some Mig-21s. But I hope it does.

30 build threads and still a few hours until we launch the GB... Any more to add??

Looking forward to getting to grips with the Hudson and seeing a few of these kits unfold, a great selection we have! :)

Sooo what time line are you guys using? I guess London time? I m counting down hours so dont want to make false start :)) Also i just found a little gem, but not sure if it would be fair to use it for this GB(and no idea if i ll have enough time with all the awesome GBs running along) - bought second hand tamiya 1/72 mosquito for like £9 (in our currency equivalent). But all in all, cannt wait to begin! :)

Sooo what time line are you guys using? I guess London time? I m counting down hours so dont want to make false start :)) Also i just found a little gem, but not sure if it would be fair to use it for this GB(and no idea if i ll have enough time with all the awesome GBs running along) - bought second hand tamiya 1/72 mosquito for like £9 (in our currency equivalent). But all in all, cannt wait to begin! :)

What time does this post say on it. For me it says 7:06PM. But that is London time...