GB Chat ~ We Have A Winner ~

Pre Group Build checklist

Kits lined up v

Banner v

Motivation v

Yep looks I'm ready. Best part! This one is starting at my off duty weekend :speak_cool::yahoo:

Edited by hgbn
  • Like 1

Mind if I join in please chums?

£4 from one of our local garages

AirfixKingfisher1_zps1b1ca720.jpg

Just lately I've been building kits that either need modifying,parts making or something needs to be done that bogs down the whole project and brings things almost to a grinding halt.All the bits are in the box ,there's no messing about,just clap it together and paint it.

This will be fun,all I need now is to find some decent photos.

• Like 3

Checked the thread earlier and it turns out that I put my name down for this GB. Not good as I've not started my training build yet (in fact I've not done any modelling at all since well before Christmas). Anyway, I don't keep a record of prices and as I only (occasionally) build 1:48 jets I thought I'd likely have nothing that qualifies. We'll after a search through my hotmail account I've found 3 kits that I have proof I paid under a tenner for; an Italeri Mirage IIIE (£6.50) an Italeri TR-1 'Sky Patrol' (£5) and the Hasegawa U.S. Ground Crew Set A (£9.30). If I can get myself going I fancy having a go at the TR-1.

I will perm 3 from the following (as modified from previous post)

1/48 Hobbycraft P-59A - £6.00 eBay 2009

1/48 Testors Howard Ike - £4.00 eBay 2010

1/48 Testors Travel Air Mystery Ship - £4.50 eBay 2010

1/48 Testors BeeBee R.1 - £3.00 eBay 2008

1/48 Airfix Spitfire Vb - £5.00 Show 2008?

1/48 ESCI F-4C - £8.00 eBay 2007

Sadly next weekend I have a union meeting in Chelmsford on Saturday, its the Model Market at Hounslow on Sunday. So I get the following weekend to build models and then its the show at Yeovilton. Its all go for me :lol:

Model market Hounslow? Never heard of this & only a few miles down the road from me. That is of course if you mean Hounslow SW London.

Hey guys, i cannt wait for this GB to finaly begin, though i m still deciding which kit to build. I would like to build something whats not so often to be seen here, have some "ancient" kits along with few fresh new cheap. I want to gather some images and sources so i ll ask here, what you think would be most "exotic" on BM? All are 1/72

F8F bearcat (seems like old Frog, not even box, decals seems to be older than the real plane, would need to buy some here)

Il-10 (old KP kit, decals in the same condition as above)

Seafire Mk.46 (Legato)

There are more cheap kits in my stash but some of them i wana save for future GBs :)

Mind if I join in please chums?

£4 from one of our local garages

AirfixKingfisher1_zps1b1ca720.jpg

Just lately I've been building kits that either need modifying,parts making or something needs to be done that bogs down the whole project and brings things almost to a grinding halt.All the bits are in the box ,there's no messing about,just clap it together and paint it.

This will be fun,all I need now is to find some decent photos.

Very interesting choice and nice to see a not so standard wingy thing.. :D

Checked the thread earlier and it turns out that I put my name down for this GB. Not good as I've not started my training build yet (in fact I've not done any modelling at all since well before Christmas). Anyway, I don't keep a record of prices and as I only (occasionally) build 1:48 jets I thought I'd likely have nothing that qualifies. We'll after a search through my hotmail account I've found 3 kits that I have proof I paid under a tenner for; an Italeri Mirage IIIE (£6.50) an Italeri TR-1 'Sky Patrol' (£5) and the Hasegawa U.S. Ground Crew Set A (£9.30). If I can get myself going I fancy having a go at the TR-1.

We all hope you can make it. The GB runs for 4 months so plenty of time in theory. The TR-1 would be great to see. Always had a fondness for the U-2 airframes. The Mirage is a cool choice also if you decide to go with that.

Found a Mig 15, and Mk1 Hurricane and Spit, all Airfix.

Mig-15 would be my choice. Hurricane & Spitfire are also nice choices. What mark of Spitfire is it? Dual build??? :whistle:

I will perm 3 from the following (as modified from previous post)

1/48 Hobbycraft P-59A - £6.00 eBay 2009

1/48 Testors Howard Ike - £4.00 eBay 2010

1/48 Testors Travel Air Mystery Ship - £4.50 eBay 2010

1/48 Testors BeeBee R.1 - £3.00 eBay 2008

1/48 Airfix Spitfire Vb - £5.00 Show 2008?

1/48 ESCI F-4C - £8.00 eBay 2007

Choices, choices. The single seat racer types will look nice with the bracing wires. Phantoms are always welcomed also. I have the Revell 1:32 RF-4C in the stash that I bought in the states maybe 15 years ago for about £11. I did give it consideration but decided that it would go against the spirit of the GB. :fraidnot: I also want to throw some AM parts at it once I finally get round to building it.

Hey guys, i cannt wait for this GB to finaly begin, though i m still deciding which kit to build. I would like to build something whats not so often to be seen here, have some "ancient" kits along with few fresh new cheap. I want to gather some images and sources so i ll ask here, what you think would be most "exotic" on BM? All are 1/72

F8F bearcat (seems like old Frog, not even box, decals seems to be older than the real plane, would need to buy some here)

Il-10 (old KP kit, decals in the same condition as above)

Seafire Mk.46 (Legato)

There are more cheap kits in my stash but some of them i wana save for future GBs :)

That is a difficult decision to make. :hmmm: I think the Bearcat would just swing it for me. If the decals are knackered feel free to get some AM ones... :thumbsup2:

Just tallied up my "under £10" kits, I've got 89 of them... This could be a very busy group build for me. :lol:

:speak_cool: Anything standing out so far???

I'm in with my Revell 1/32 Salamander, which I picked up for £8.99 in the Wonderland sale last week.

Looking forward to seeing that come together.. :Tasty:

Model market Hounslow? Never heard of this & only a few miles down the road from me. That is of course if you mean Hounslow SW London.

I think Mish means Hanslope near MK, not Hounslow! Or at least I hope she does - I'm going to Hanslope!

I think Mish means Hanslope near MK, not Hounslow! Or at least I hope she does - I'm going to Hanslope!

After a bit of digging about on Google and the IPMS events list I came to the same conclusion. I was meant to correct my original post but forgot. :banghead:

• Like 1

I'd like to give this GB a try, but I'm not sure what I might build.

I have plenty of kits under the £10 limit, but some are already "assigned" to builds that will involve aftermarket, some are multi-media kits that IMHO don't really fit within the spirit of the GB. Others need aftermarket decals are planned to use them and yes, I know this is allowed but I' like to try and build something using only bits from the box.

At the moment I've identified a few that might fit, all 1/72 aircrafts:

- the Revell/Matchbox He-70

- The Cooperativa La-15

- The Smer/heller Dewoitine 510

- The D.520 from the same Smer/Heller

- The Hobbyboss Zero

Now the Zero would be the easiest but needs a few bits in the cockpit, The Heinkel is another easy one but has no gear well at all, the La-15 is a fascinating subject but the idea of dealing with all that flash is not great. The D.510 could be built OOB easy enough while the D.520 would need a lot of plasticard bits to turn it into something I'm happy with...

Guess that with a week left before the start I can still have a think about it. I also have a few recent Airfix kits that would fit, but I guess many will build these already.

Well, only two ibubrofen today so far instead of the usual knock out pills, which is a very good sign. Forearm still feels like it's been broken and my fingers are still numb but I will 'test the water' tonight with Revells Battlestar Galactica to see if I am capable of building something :yahoo:. So here's hoping that I can start this GB with Blue thunder as I'd hoped.

Now then, where are all my tools? :frantic:

• Like 1

:speak_cool: Anything standing out so far???

I'll probably stick to these.

1/144 Sweet Sea King (RAF Rescue)

1/144 Academy F-4E

1/144 Dragon MiG-27 Flogger J

1/144 LS MiG-25

1/200 Cyber-Hobby YB-49

1/144 Dragon Su-22M-4 Fitter K

1/144 Sweet Hurricane Mk.1

1/144 Mini Hobby Models Tempest V

1/144 Sweet P-51B

1/72 LS Pitts S2A

1/144 Mini Hobby Models P-47D

1/144 Mini Hobby Models Spitfire Vb

1/100 Zvezda KV-1

1/100 Zvezda KV-2

Revell Star Wars Easy Kit T-47 Snowspeeder

1/144 F-Toys Nakajima Ki-27 Nate

1/144 Unknown make V-22 Osprey (Whif RAF Rescue)

I'll probably stick to these.

1/144 Sweet Sea King (RAF Rescue)

1/144 Academy F-4E

1/144 Dragon MiG-27 Flogger J

1/144 LS MiG-25

1/200 Cyber-Hobby YB-49

1/144 Dragon Su-22M-4 Fitter K

1/144 Sweet Hurricane Mk.1

1/144 Mini Hobby Models Tempest V

1/144 Sweet P-51B

1/72 LS Pitts S2A

1/144 Mini Hobby Models P-47D

1/144 Mini Hobby Models Spitfire Vb

1/100 Zvezda KV-1

1/100 Zvezda KV-2

Revell Star Wars Easy Kit T-47 Snowspeeder

1/144 F-Toys Nakajima Ki-27 Nate

1/144 Unknown make V-22 Osprey (Whif RAF Rescue)

Now finishing all that would be impressive. God speed. :pilot:

• Like 1