Airfix 1/24 Mosquito

I've built this as well - it's huge - nearly 1mtre from wing-tip to wing-tip. I've got everything buttoned up and this took me nearly 2 months to do (wasn't working at the time and was working solely on this kit and nothing else!)

• Like 1

would you mind telling me how long it took you.

Cheers Pat, its taken three years from start to finish, although I had two very long spells of inactivity. I wanted codes and serials for a specific aircraft and was lucky in that Mal Mayfeld at MiracleMasks helped me out, and then I needed a substantial undercarriage and finally sourced a metal one Stateside.

Thanks guys.

how on earth did you get the top of the wing to look like that? it looks amazing.!

Pure accident :whistle:

I had a Humbrol jar of MattCote with some dregs in the bottom, and brushed it on with a wide brush. It dried unevenly so I oversprayed with Vallejo Satin Varnish :wicked:

I am currently building this one, but like you had, in a stall period right now. What you have done is great. The kit is fantastic except for those lousy injection marks in all the wrong places. I too like the accident that happened on the wing. Looks quite nice with the other intentional weathering you have done.

Cheers Pat, its taken three years from start to finish, although I had two very long spells of inactivity. I wanted codes and serials for a specific aircraft and was lucky in that Mal Mayfeld at MiracleMasks helped me out, and then I needed a substantial undercarriage and finally sourced a metal one Stateside.

Thanks guys.

Hi Ratch

All your efforts have been rewarded and thanks for the second set of photos, superb

Cheers Pat