Special Hobby 1:72 Curtiss Hawk

Absolument superbe!

The striped pyjama is perfect.

JR

• Like 1

Oh, that is just gorgeous! The P-36 has always been more interesting to me than any of its P-40 descendants, this is a fine reminder what a beautifully-proportioned machine it really is.

Thanks for posting, a very pretty model indeed, all your extra effort has fully paid off IMHO.

Edited by MDriskill
  • Like 1

A beautiful model but no thanks to Special Hobby. Is it just me or are SH putting quantity above quality of late?

Martin

Hi Martin,

The SH kit of the French P-36 is the same as the Azur kit from 1997, so I don't think it says much about the current SH crop of kits. The most recent SH kit that I bought is the Seafire Mk.47, and that is one beautiful kit.

And dr_gn, there is at least one built-up Azur kit of the French P-36 that I know of, it's here (yours is much better!)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Hi Martin,

The SH kit of the French P-36 is the same as the Azur kit from 1997, so I don't think it says much about the current SH crop of kits. The most recent SH kit that I bought is the Seafire Mk.47, and that is one beautiful kit.

And dr_gn, there is at least one built-up Azur kit of the French P-36 that I know of, it's here (yours is much better!)

Cheers,

Bill

Cheers Bill.

The Azur kit has a completely different cowling and engine. In fact I think it's the cowling that was also included in my kit, that I tried to adapt to fit the correct engine for my version (it didn't work).

So I'm pretty sure there are no examples of my kit built-up online.

ETA Azur kit is an H-74 A4, Special Hobby kit is an H-75 A3.

Edited by dr_gn

Special hobby nothing

dr_gn special modelling everything

nailed it and its a delight doc

fab work

b

Ta Perdu.

I have to say this again (I mentioned it in the build thread), despite this kit not being the best in the world, Special Hobby were totally excellent in supplying me with some replacement canopies when I screwed the original up. The kit is out of production, but they went to the trouble of *making* me some replacements from their vac-form mould and then sent them over. OK they ain't perfect, but they could easily have just said 'tough'.

• Like 2