RN Vittorio Veneto 1/700 Waterline Italian Battleship

One of best looking battleships,lucky for us the Italian Navy did not use then to their full advantage,the usual Wooden deck and Photo etching from flyhawk I had to use the P.E. for the Roma as there is no p.E. for Vittorio opps ,there are a few difference between the two ships.I picked Vittorio because didn't want to the do stripes on the bow and just after she was commission she had no stripes.Then I found out that Roma was the same after getting the superb book ."The Littorio Class" by Erminio Bagnasco and Augusto de Toro.This book is a must have

Anyway after checking the difference it was too late to change :banghead: .Will not be doing that again, the cross checking and double checking has made it a much longer build than l planned.This is a nice kit and shows of the good looks of this class

51XOdeJFQzL__zps70cd897c.jpg

V-1_zpsb5ad46f0.jpg

V-2_zps3e0b92ab.jpg

V-3_zps4c1e438d.jpg

V-4_zpsdfc85ec8.jpg

V-5_zps1cebcc39.jpg

V-6_zps5df57332.jpg

• Like 2

She is a lovely looking ship.

I have nearly finished Roma(1/350).

In this scale I would be hard pushed.

You are doing a great job, I do not envy you the PE in this scale.

But applaud your work. :speak_cool:

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Great start! :thumbsup2:

How's the general fit - any howlers?

I have this kit too, though I'm intending to put into Cape Matapan condition. That means stripes fore and aft for me! :yikes:

Mike. :)

None so far,just the bits l can,t use,like the bridge,the Roma is straight were the Vittorio is angled,it was change because of the sun glare.l didn't want to do the stripes ,mainly didn't want to mess it up.

None so far,just the bits l can,t use,like the bridge,the Roma is straight were the Vittorio is angled,it was change because of the sun glare.

That's good to know, thanks! :thumbsup2:

I've seen another build online where the bridge face didn't seem to fit properly, so I was wondering if there was an issue in that area.

The model looks really good - I like the subtle tonal variation on the steel decks and turret tops. :coolio:

Mike. :)

Update,started the base and small decks around the funnels

th_V-12_zps9391b3f2.jpg

th_V-13_zps3fdffee7.jpg

sorry guys ,can,t copy and paste the normal size, totally baffled, it wont let me !!

V-12_zps9391b3f2.jpg

V-13_zps3fdffee7.jpg

fixed ,wish I knew what I did :weep:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Last update was 12th Feb :oops: ,not even got a good excuse :crap::sleep_1: , so updates ,got all ships boats fitted and the rigging,I have been trying a new type,just as thin,but its elasticity,don't have problems with masts bending any more,its does not like superglue, the ends curl up,so have to be quick and only need a spot of glue and activator, i will be using it again,so gets :thumbsup2: up

V-20_zpscf972c4f.jpg

V-21_zpsa9b23b04.jpg

V-18_zps87d6237f.jpg

V-17_zpsfe2bb432.jpg

V-19_zpsf737fcd0.jpg

• Like 2