Mysterious L-29 Delfin modification?

Supercuber

Just browsed old SSSR produced movie, dated 1973 , named (free translate) "Sky behind the clouds" ( За облаками небо)

ELNipAC.jpg

Found this plane, heavily modified L-29 Delfin, with front intake, single seater and with horizontal tailplane moved to vertical tail base.
Plane is not flyable, but certainly capable to do few short take of runs at full speed.

t8zJYac.jpg

9oQzPFN.jpg

VAKtqWL.jpg

Wing root intakes are removed and blanked,

S52Rmfe.jpg

And there is one overall black painted Ilyushin Il-28 , playing probably one of Lockheed U-2s, being forced to land by two MIG-15s.

RE3HpYn.jpg

I'm just curious, is this L-29 Delfin some (unknown to me) experimental modification used to play in the movie, or its a movie project, doubling probably MIG-9 ( story was placed in 1946).

Any hint?

• Like 1

Look at the movie poster, tovarisch Superkubber, it is doubling MiG-15 there. Still curious about moving the tailplane down. The sequel from 1975 was titled "Там, за горизонтом". In fact, it is doubling nothing particular, the movies deal with young aeronautical engineers, starting the jet-age in the USSR. Well, it IS Delfin, according to the undercarriage covers and that small "nipple" behind its belly (maybe that's some sort of sex organ).

Regards,

v.

%D0%97%D0%B0_%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0

Nope, komrad Vozdushniy, Mig-15 in this movie plays himself, bunch of Fagot's flies there,

eH8Wzxa.jpg

And this "MIG-9" (L29 Delfin) was scheduled to fly in 1946, according to "Parole" on the wall, stating, New plane we deliver to October 1946. A year or so, before MIG 15.

skFKMoz.jpg.

Anyway, i'm just want to clear, is it movie mock up or some official modification of L-29.

Thanx Sharkmouth for the confirmation of type.

Edited by Supercuber