Printable 1/72 maps for WWII diorama

Beardylong

Morning all,

I'm (slowly) working on a1/72 airfield diorama to house my Lanc BIII Dambusters Special which will include a control tower amongst other things. Does anyone know of a source of reasonably realistic generic maps that work roughly in 1/72 or 1/76 that can be printed off. I want them to go on the walls of control tower and on desks.

Google's failed me so far, but I'm sure Britmodeller will come up with the goods!

Thanks

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

You might be in luck, whilst researching various airbases I found these maps

http://brew.clients.ch/imagesmaps.htm

The one with the three runways is similar to a Lanc base. If you copy the image into MS word and add a light beige filter to it before resizing, it should look pretty good.

Regards,

Ben

• Like 1

Great stuff, thx, Ben. Will give it a go. Have also been looking at railway modelling sites and they do lots of OO gauge signage for train layouts. I contacted Allan at Sankey Scenics (www.sankeyscenics.co.uk) and he's going to look into it - I'll see what he comes up with.

The other thing I can't find anywhere are 1/72 (or 1/76 or OO) sandbags - I want to build a small emplacement round a Bofors Gun. Am going to have a go at making some from DAS clay.

Cheers,

Andrew