1/72 - Cessna 180/185 & U-17A/B Skywagon by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - Red Roo Models Cessna 185 correction set

Homebee

Great to see a model finally come out of an airframe i actually worked on!

Certainly be buying the boxing with G-BDKC to go with the Airfix Tiger Moth im doing as G-AHUV. All i need after that is a new tooled 1/72 Gazelle to build a 3flt machine.

All the best,

Geoff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Photos of sprues and test model are on Hannants website…

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM72231?result-token=Wk7pP

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM72232?result-token=ZuIhe

looks quite good, comments no trailing edge fairings, unusual 3 bladed prop… and the pannier is unusual in that it’s tapered at the rear.

Edited by follasha
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Cessna 180/185 & U-17A/B Skywagon by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+schemes+sprues+test build - release July 2022

On the painting instructions there is an error with the South African markings. The Springbokke all jump into the same direction whereas they are of course handed. I have sent an alarming mail to Czech Republic and hope it will be corrected and if that will cause yet another delay you can shoot me next time we meet at Telford. But i want a correct SAAF model 🙂 Springbokke go! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Can probably use Khee Kha parts with this to build early versions of 180, plus he does floats and skis in resin 😉

I noticed early 180 windows are on clear sprue, however you will need to modify the fuselage to take them 

optional wingtips are in the kit and strakes that are consistent with stol kitted aircraft.

Edited by follasha
  • Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Cessna 180/185 & U-17A/B Skywagon by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm…had anyone got their hands on a KP 180/185 yet??

As it turns out, I have 😉. I must say I’m less than impressed, the model is somewhat under-scale in terms of size (which is a real shame) I’ll send photos shortly demonstrating this.
the KP model works out at 24ft 9.25 in length and 34ft 6in span, vs real aircraft which is 25ft 9 in and 35ft 10in respectively. Lars vacform models meanwhile work out at 25ft 8.75in and 35ft 9.5 in

The mouldings themselves are ok, however transparencies are too thick (particularly the windshield) and the wheels provided are not the best (too big, too little detail and with huge disc brakes!). The pannier is the wrong shape, no 185 panniers taper to the rear like that. The three bladed prop provided is pretty ordinary  it would seem that it’s a copy of a latter day composite prop, not the famous Hartzel prop. 

Edited by follasha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3