1/48 - Northrop Grumman X-47B Pegasus by Freedom Model Kits - released - new boxing in November 2023

Homebee

Freedom Model Kits (http://www.freedommks.com/) is to release in 2014 Q1 a 1/48th Northrop Grumman X-47B Pegasus kit - ref. FD18001

Source: http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/freedom.shtml

10266561p.jpg

10266561a.jpg

Oct 5, 2013

Freedom Model Kits begin

Freedom Model Kits(F.M.K) is a new brand, focusing on hobby kit. New products coming soon. Please expect.[/size]

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Sidney Camm and Reginald Micthel shall be turning in their graves......

Oh, my God.....What's that ugly device...???????? Is the word "plane" a suitable one for such a flying thing...??????

:weep: :weep: :weep:

Edited by Artie

Sidney Camm and Reginald Micthel shall be turning in their graves......

Oh, my God.....What's that ugly device...???????? Is the word "plane" a suitable one for such a flying thing...??????

:weep: :weep: :weep:

I know the F-35 isn't as pretty as a Spitfire, but isn't this a bit over the top? :popcorn:

That being said, I still want an accurate MQ-4C, and a RQ-4 Block 10. Lots of options for the latter, you could easily make it a combined ACTD/Block 10 - which means the all-white early ACTD scheme, the "tuxedo" gray/white scheme, the all-gray USAF scheme, the all-gray Navy scheme (with VX-20, Wing 2, and Wing 5 markings), and the NASA paint scheme.

Edited by HMSLion

I know the F-35 isn't as pretty as a Spitfire, but isn't this a bit over the top? :popcorn:

That being said, I still want an accurate MQ-4C, and a RQ-4 Block 10. Lots of options for the latter, you could easily make it a combined ACTD/Block 10 - which means the all-white early ACTD scheme, the "tuxedo" gray/white scheme, the all-gray USAF scheme, the all-gray Navy scheme (with VX-20, Wing 2, and Wing 5 markings), and the NASA paint scheme.

Over the top.....???????? I'm just saying it's a very ugly thing, wich is far from being untruth. :) :)

Even the name is horrible.........Those modern "flying things" use to have the same names you'll find in a PS2 game....and they look like any space ship from Star Treck..

I know it's up to anyone's tastes.....Of course, not to my own taste.

Regards..

For waiting it's arrival, to hobby shops soonest!

I just love the messed up English on these adverts, Quite fancy the kit, it's more than a little out of the ordinary.

Cheers

Col' (who's hoping he's not just offended some sensitive soul by parodying the original writing style)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard anything about this making it to Europe / UK in the near future, or should I just bite the bullet and order from HLJ?

Thanks,

Gareth

We're glad you found out about the X-47B. It is a lovely aircraft and there are already some very good builds in progress of our kit. Mike has one going on here and I am just about to hop over and take a look.

I can promise you that I will answer any questions you may have. In the unlikely event that you find damaged or missing parts, please let me know. Quality control is of paramount importance to me and so is accuracy. We spend a lot of time in QA.

Feel free to pick my brains, more than happy to answer questions.

Happy Easter!

Martin

• Like 2

We're glad you found out about the X-47B. It is a lovely aircraft and there are already some very good builds in progress of our kit. Mike has one going on here and I am just about to hop over and take a look.

I can promise you that I will answer any questions you may have. In the unlikely event that you find damaged or missing parts, please let me know. Quality control is of paramount importance to me and so is accuracy. We spend a lot of time in QA.

Feel free to pick my brains, more than happy to answer questions.

Happy Easter!

Martin

Probably been asked already, but will it be available from any UK based sellers in the near future?

Matt

Hi Matt,

Yes. That's being worked on as we speak.

So far, SprueBrothers, HLJ have our model. As soon as I can possibly get the UK and European stockists sorted out, you guys will be the first to know.

Brilliant, Thanks Martin. I've got no issue ordering from any of those places, but when it's just for one kit, can work out a bit pricey on shipping/import duties etc :)

I'll wait to hear.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Needs a buddy store and a couple BRUs worth of SDB-I and II. AARGM would also be nice as the X-47 is one of the few jets with a big enough bay to clear it.

Tie down chains and anchor points. Navy weapons loading dollies compatible with the internal bay trapezes. And the guy with the Wii controller on his forearm.

Wouldn't mind seeing a set of landing gear (and a post hole in the jet for a stand) that allowed us to mimic that moment, -just before- the touch down, when everything is sort've hanging.

It's unfortunate that everything now being chatted up by the Navy about the UCLASS RFP is for a scaled version of the above as a CSA equivalent rather than the cruise missile with landing gear it is clearly LO-optimized to be.