Lynx Helicopter/ Revell Kit/ 1/32 scale

Hi

Been fighting the lynx for the last few days or rather my airbrush.

I had to repaint all the pieces since I discovered that my grey paintjob was rather on the grainy site once sprayed. I did strain the paint but no go. I have never had problem with grey before.

Eduard prepaint instrument panel is great but doesnt fit the instrument panel at all, I had to sand the side a lot and I dont get the preglued back.

I will push forward but so far not a great start.

Oliver

001_zps2b839b66.jpg

006_zps2797b175.jpg

008_zps36f84992.jpg

010_zpsde7689d1.jpg

012_zpsf39d5200.jpg

• Like 4

*Cough* The Royal Navy way.

We fly two pilots in the Army Air Corps ;-)

But you need an Observer in an aircraft that can actually do something useful. A two-pilot aircraft doing low level anti-ship strike at night would be a positive liability!

• Like 1

But you need an Observer in an aircraft that can actually do something useful. A two-pilot aircraft doing low level anti-ship strike at night would be a positive liability!

thats got to be the first time i've heard a pilot be nice to an observer in public!!
  • Like 1

An observer has obviously hacked his account!

If I found myself doing a low level anti ship strike at night, something has gone very wrong. Bloody daft and dangerous idea flying over the sea. Its just not natural!

• Like 1

Looks fabulous so far Oliver! This build seems to be going much faster than the Huey, or is it my imagination?

Martin

yes it appears to be going faster in the cocpit area cause less stuff inside than the Huey. I may repaint the cabin floor today and instrument panel. instrument panel not as tight as i want it to be. Not the first time I redo things twice.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

thats got to be the first time i've heard a pilot be nice to an observer in public!!

And that's got to be the first time I've heard an observer's acknowledgement in public: "pilots are nice".

Oliver,

You can ask any picture you want and I (and hope the other Lynx Flyers too) will try to help you.

Do you still need pictures of the nose avionic bay? If yes, I can take them tomorrow.

Please, let me know.

They're talking ballast, but even ballast has its uses.

Anyway, enough FAA vs AAC banter (when we should be shoulder-to-shoulder taking the mickey out of the Cr*bs...) - we're distracting everyone from Oliver's stellar build.

• Like 1

Guys

dont worry about distracting from the build...keep them coming.

Worked on the cabin floor again today. I added a raw umber wash instead of Paynes grey(which was my first choice anyway but went against best judgement). It darkened the whole thing a bit. The drybushing did help in making it a bit lighter.

I have come to realize that I cant do clean stuff...it has to be weathered (why i dont know).

I also remade the instrument panel coning on one side in order to accomodate the painted dials and switches. Next will be the seats.

Still on the fence about staying with this build.

Oliver

001_zpsac56f06f.jpg

003_zps0511e2e0.jpg

007_zpsc349ac56.jpg

• Like 3

Looks better and better. Are you sure you want it crumpled into the ground?

Thanks

I dont want to melt plastic to get the desired effect, I am trying to use heavy gauge foil paper to duplicate wrinkled aircraft skin but so far no luck with the results.

Oliver

Looks better and better. Are you sure you want it crumpled into the ground?

My thoughts exactly. Whatever you decide Oliver, please don't give up on this build, you have us all hooked.

Martin

• Like 1

Oliver - knowing your passion for exquisite detail (and please don't give up on this wonderful build!), it might be worth pointing out that the ridges that Revell have moulded into the cockpit floor to fit the pedals into are, in real life, actually brushes that sit either side of the slot through which the shaft of the pedals fits. From memory the brushes are a kind of neutral colour - very pale tan when new - but Jose or Tony could no doubt find you a photograph to supplement my memory. Just leaving them as grey ridges doesn't quite work to my eyes.

My thoughts exactly. Whatever you decide Oliver, please don't give up on this build, you have us all hooked.

Martin

Yep. Definitely wot he said.

. Bloody daft and dangerous idea flying over the sea. Its just not natural!

Agree with that. Gets boring cos there aint any contouring needed. Gets dangerous cos there aint much to concentrate on. Gets even more dangerous cos half the time there aint no horizon.

That said - I do remember fondly getting to 600kts low level over the sea in a clean jag. Wouldn't have risked the complaints by doing it over the land.

Anyway, enough FAA vs AAC banter (when we should be shoulder-to-shoulder taking the mickey out of the Cr*bs...)

The crabs just by being crabs take the piddle out of themselves. Its a given really.

Not going there........Always be one of the 2 in a 2 v 1 :)

Please carry on Oliver.

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 1

Gets boring cos there aint any contouring needed. Gets dangerous cos there aint much to concentrate on. Gets even more dangerous cos half the time there aint no horizon.

Not to mention the fact that some muppet keeps on moving your airfield without telling you where it's going, blowing soot (showing my age here!) when you're on finals, giving you some hideous crosswind right on the edge of tail rotor authority and then patronisingly telling you to man up cos it was inside the SHOL, and then the bloomin' deck lurches up and down like a roller-coaster just when you're perpetrating your elegant controlled crash of a "landing".

AND your bunk moves about when you're getting your 8 hours' continuous and the Fish-Heads don't seem to like it when you complain...

[Wouldn't have missed it for anything!]

• Like 1

the yaw pedal brushes will either be black or white ish/tan colour, just like paint brush bristles.there is a video of a dutch lynx ranged on deck and manned ready to start when the ship drops into a trough and a wave knocks the cone and pylon off,end of exercise return and stow all gear!

Edited by sticky847

Olvier, if you look on page 10, post #188 from Jose, page 9, post #169 from Duane and post #170 from me you'll see some good clear pics of the pedal brushes.

Fritag. Could your Jag keep up with a Lynx in a 2v1?

Fritag. Could your Jag keep up with a Lynx in a 2v1?

Pretty darned sure I wouldn't have wanted to be trying to turn with a Lynx :)

Equally sure I could outrun and out climb one tho........

So I guess I could always catch a Lynx or two. What I'd do with em once I'd caught em I ain't rightly sure......... :hmmm:

It would have been fun to have had a go tho

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 1