1/72 Italeri Jaguar GR1 Op Granby (Build no.6 and counting)

Hello everyone and also hello 2014. :)

Quick update:
2013 was the year I started modeling again after a 30 year hiatus. I managed five builds last year when Real Life reasserted itself. So this one was started last year, but is my first finished build for 2014, and my 6th build in total. Ooh! All those maths classes weren't wasted! :smartass: Sadly, during the last 5 months Real Life meant I didn't have much time for poking my nose in here. Slacker I am! :)

So here we have a Jaguer GR1, Johnny Fartpants, in my very vague approximation of its Op Granby scheme. Artistic license applied by me as usual. :photo:

It's mostly an OOB build of the Italeri 1/72 Jaguar GR1 with the decals from Modeldecal. I actually bought this kit and decals about 15 years ago. Yes! I was actually going to start building 15 years ago and bought this in preparation, but life took over and I had to wait another 15 years before starting again. I think it was worth the wait as I wouldn't have access to all the hints and tips I do today and I don't think it would look quite the same.

Hopefully I'll have the time to bang out another couple of kits this year coz, well, I kind of enjoy this thing we do. In the meantime I hope you enjoy this one.

Thank you again for your attention. :)

12012079026_5e05de9e09_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_04 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

12011622834_363d4f8a8e_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_05 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr
12011625884_3de3d9c359_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_07 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr
12011557183_9be25c9229_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_08 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr
12011268225_31386bec52_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_10 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr
12011561683_500e29dc42_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_11 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr
12011618014_39cb253854_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_02 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr
12011253505_0a87437229_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_01 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

12011619594_120e4ea98b_o.jpg
JaguarGR1_180114_03 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

Edited by IrritableRabbit
  • Like 30

O.M.G...

INCREDIBLY STUNNING Jaguar. .. :heart:

I think it is Phenomenal build :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Houston. Thank you, and your replies are always so full energy as well. :lol:

Thats a stunning Jag, weathering looks great!

Shame about the poor quality photos they really let it down.. :winkgrin:

Nice to see you back IR.

cheers

Simon

Hello once again Simon. :)

The weathering was.. fun.. and for once, mostly planned.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I should book some lessons, but everytime I ask to shoot models they keep sending these 'things' with legs and curves and NO weathering at all. Pfft! :lol:

That's a superb looking Jag. It's hard to believe it's a 1/72nd, it looks so darn real. :clap:

Thanks for that. Although it's obvious that it's 1/72nd scale in the cabinet, I do try and aim to build them and then light and shoot them so they look at least 1/48th, or a bit bigger than it actually is anyway. :)

Can't believe this is only your 6th model, looks like you've been doing it for years. Love the weathering, you've really captured the look of those dirty birds and great pictures do it justice :)

Thanks woody.

TBH I really enjoyed the painting and weathering of this aircraft. The construction part was a bit uninspiring, but once the painting started I had a lot of fun. It's also great that if I made a wee 'mistake', I could just dab a bit of paint and a dark wash on and it sort of helped it along a bit. B)

Sadly, my next build is going to be a lot cleaner.

And to everyone I haven't replied to directly, thank you for the comments, it is very much appreciated as this is one creative thing I do that I do totally for my own enjoyment and not to someone else's brief. :o:)

• Like 1

That's an absolutely gorgeous and appropriately dirty Jag. Well done.

As I remember, that ARTF 'pink' paint was very rough and seemed to absorb oil and dirt stains from fresh air ! ! You've done well to capture that.

:thumbsup:

Gaz

Thanks again for the comments guys. :thumbsup:

That's an absolutely gorgeous and appropriately dirty Jag. Well done.

As I remember, that ARTF 'pink' paint was very rough and seemed to absorb oil and dirt stains from fresh air ! ! You've done well to capture that.

:thumbsup:

Gaz

And Gaz.. So that's what that temporary distemper is known as! Thanks. I learn something new. :)

Of course I did have to go look ARTF up. ;)

I did look at a few pictures of this ARTF on a few Jaguars, Tornados and Buccaneers to get a feel for it before going at it with a fair amount of artistic license. I'm glad it came out as well as you say it did. So thank you for that. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...