This was another commission and my first complete build for 2014, I was asked to restrict the weathering to represent a relatively new a/c.
I had heard allot about this kit and I have to say for such a small scale the detail is stunning and it was a real pleasure to build, a very well thought out kit.
This is also being picked up today.

102_6751.jpg
102_6653.jpg
102_6655.jpg
102_6660.jpg
102_6661.jpg
102_6752.jpg
102_6753.jpg
102_6752.jpg
102_6761.jpg

Danny

"In Wildness Is the
Preservation of the World"

http://www.modelmasteruk.com/

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Thats looking totaly great, very nice work! I would have only one thing, if it should be relatively new plane, the exhausts wouldnt have probably that much "burned" look, but it us not ment offensive at all, overall the spit looks awesome! :goodjob:

Thats looking totaly great, very nice work! I would have only one thing, if it should be relatively new plane, the exhausts wouldnt have probably that much "burned" look, but it us not ment offensive at all, overall the spit looks awesome! :goodjob:

Oxidisation of cast steel is rapid especially when put through heating cycles, i have been a hands on engineer for 20+ years and i have worked most metals and i can tell you that the oxidisation would set in almost immediately especially at the manifold of an engine. It would take no time at all for the oxide deposits to build up like this especially when they have direct exposure to the elements..

Customer was happy enough.

Danny

A great Spit – excellent, smooth impression!

Minor quibble – the crowbar should be green or natural steel, not red on a wartime a/c… :wicked:

Kind regards,

Joachim

That was discussed with customer but he wanted it built exactly as it is.

Danny