Defence Helicopter Flying School

Rodders154

Revell did a release of the Italeri Bell Griffon that had DHFS decals:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5/4501-4600/gal4574_Bell412_Moore/00.shtm

http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=112048

IIRC, the skid floats in the kit aren't appropriate for a DHFS/SARTU Bell, but one of the other issues of the 212/412 kit (Border Police?) had the correct ones if you wanted to do a SARTU aircraft

EDIT - this is the kit with the correct floats

http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=120881

Both are out of production, but turn up on ebay etc. Beyond that, I don't know of any other available decals.

Edited by Dave Fleming

thanks Dave I am not too fussed on the floatation gear I can fabricate them its just the decals. I have the Italeri Griffon and I fancy doing it for the training types group build.

Anybody who has the revell decals and wont be using them I will buy them off you if you want or exchange them for the italeri set for Canada, Dutch and Italian.

Rodders

• 2 years later...

The only 1/72 Squirrel decals I can recall were on :

Model Alliance No 72151 1:72 UK Air Arm Update 2005-2006 - Part II

Hawk T1a RAF 90th Ann.
Squirrel HT1 ETPS
HArrier GR7
Harrier T10
Puma HC1
Tornado F3 43sq

Hard to find now though.

Cheers

Rob

If you are looking just for the legend on the door the model alliance set will do even though I bought one from the aviation megastore and that cost £17 which is quite expensive in my book.  The griffon decals are missing loads of stuff so my suggestion is to do what I did and ask nicely in the wanted section nd who knows if you have been a good boy this year and Santa is listening .....

Rodders

PS my DHFS Griffon is i the Helicopter group build from earlier this year

Thanks gents, I'll put up an ad for the Model Alliance sheet and cross my fingers I'm on the 'Nice' list ;).

Beefy - it's the Mach 2 kit I'm after the decals for, it came in the post the other day :).

8 hours ago, tonywood said:

Also regarding the Griffin does anyone do aftermarket doors for the Bell 212 / 412 with the larger square windows that the RAF ones have as opposed to the usual UH-1 type?

Try Whirlybirds they do some replacement doors

I think the Whirlybirds doors are atraight replacements for the standard UH-1 type doors, some of the DHFS fleet (ZJ707 & ZJ708 along with the Griffin HAR2's and AAC B.212 AH1's) have doors with far larger square windows.

Probably just a case of carefully enlarging the kit windows.

• 4 weeks later...