Max's & Langley's Wooden Wonder

Hi to all Brit-and-other-modellers !

First of all, this is my very first diorama, so don't be to critical on this work! Next one will be better, I hope. But this one is nice to me, so I hope You will enjoy.

So, this is 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito FB VI with Austin Tilly (I know, wrong car in wrong place, forgive me); Nissen Hut and bomb trolley are Flightpath, RAF pilots

and ground personel is Tamiya - Revell, starter trolley is 100% scratchbuilded.

Diorama is dedicated to Max Guedj and his copilot Langley; 143 squadron, Banff Strike Wing; they lost their lifes 15.01.1945. over Norway.

Thank's to everyone who help me with paint scheme, because I couldn't find any photo of this particular aircraft, including mr. Gordon Leith, from Hendon RAF Museum.

Recoverd_jpg_file285_zps9e226346.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file297_zps8b0366b0.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file290_zps02741014.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file288_zps2a313f24.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file289_zps93ec55e1.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file300_zps7697d5f1.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file304_zpsb802e2b3.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file284_zpsb7382a00.jpg

DSC_0293_zps3dc8c3cc.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file305_zps2d582506.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file308_zps5b43930b.jpg

DSC_0289_zps3ab8cf1f.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file302_zps71a6c337.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file295_zpsb1afdde0.jpg

DSC_0290_zps5bc212fd.jpg

DSC_0287_zps1432c15c.jpg

• Like 16

Bravo! That is just a work of art

I too really like the night black and white photo. If it wasn't on this site I'd swear it was real.

Congratulations .....inspirational that one

The Tilly is not in the wrong place at the wrong time in this story. Its in army markings and could conceivably be the Army liason officer visiting the RAF station.

If it was in RAF markings - then that would have been wrong!

Selwyn

Well I don't know how you'll make the next dio better because this is just superb work! As the others have said, the B&W shots are super atmospheric - straight out of a period magazine article. A real pleasure to look at.

Cheers,

Roger

The Tilly is not in the wrong place at the wrong time in this story. Its in army markings and could conceivably be the Army liason officer visiting the RAF station.

If it was in RAF markings - then that would have been wrong!

Selwyn

Well, I decided to put Tilly in this diorama exactly with that intention! :coolio: !

surpurb diaroma , very life like.

Pardon my ignorance but whats the story behind the Tilly ? i dont have a clue about RAF vechicles :banghead:

The story is...RAF has never used Austin Tilly in WW2, they used some other vehicles. But Tamiya put in one limited edition box Mossie together with Austin,

and also they have shown a wrong - RAF- paint scheme, which is nice to see but it's not accurate. That's what I know, I learned that on this forum!

Well I don't know how you'll make the next dio better because this is just superb work! As the others have said, the B&W shots are super atmospheric - straight out of a period magazine article. A real pleasure to look at.

Cheers,

Roger

For those who like B&W photos, this one is taken before diorama was finished, on the table, I like it.

IMG_20130210_193543_zps3a08efbd.jpg

• Like 5

That is a brilliant diorama. If I have one small nitpick, it's the trees! I would personally use wire trees coated in filler and painted if you are going for the winter 'bare trees' look. But overall superb modelling.