1/8 James Bond Aston Martin DB5

Dear Roy 

First off all i would like tot say many complimenten for Your build diaries etc.!

It also helped me with some things.

I Am now also building a db5 from eaglemoss,But now i Am stuck with The same problem you had with fitting The front section with doors.

Would you like to show me where you fixed The firewall exactly ?

Many regards 

Cliff 

• 1 year later...

Hi Roy.

Fantastic work. Can you give me some advice please? I have been asked to build the DeAgostini DB5 on behalf of a friends widow but I only have upto and including issue 79. Do you know if the other issues are still available or if the Eaglemoss DB5 is the same model? 

Cheers. 

Kevin. 

3 hours ago, mrchud said:

Hi Roy.

Fantastic work. Can you give me some advice please? I have been asked to build the DeAgostini DB5 on behalf of a friends widow but I only have upto and including issue 79. Do you know if the other issues are still available or if the Eaglemoss DB5 is the same model? 

Cheers. 

Kevin. 

Roy has not been here since Jan 2016.

Roy used to be prolific on BM and helped me out with advice and decals on  Trumpeter GT40 1/12. I didn't realise he'd left BM (or so it seems). 

The same roymattblack I follow him as I think of him as an incredible modeller Roy would be in my top ten of the world (That I know of ) included in that list would be, codger, foxy ( mainly maritime) silver 911, tiking(a king of dioramas 

) Si aka eddiesolo(king of anything rusty)

I don't know why he left britmodeller he was on another site but also left there, tbh they were a bit snobby not like here.

19 hours ago, kpnuts said:

The same roymattblack I follow him as I think of him as an incredible modeller Roy would be in my top ten of the world (That I know of ) included in that list would be, codger, foxy ( mainly maritime) silver 911, tiking(a king of dioramas 

) Si aka eddiesolo(king of anything rusty)

I don't know why he left britmodeller he was on another site but also left there, tbh they were a bit snobby not like here.

when i checked hs status it said he visited 6 hours ago

can some one advise me please. ive painted the camcovers and they are not very good colour ive used humbrol 27002 and humbrol number 11 but the colour just isnt great nothing like roys looks what am i doing wrong

Edited by mrmetallica

• 1 year later...

Greeting from the US DB5 builders.

As we are 6 years behind you folks, (my build only started 6 months ago), is there any advise you can pass on to a DB5 newbie?

My question is how many issues is there to the DB5 build? Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated......

The photos you folks posted look awesome....

Thanks

Rich

On 16/03/2020 at 21:13, boomer007 said:

Greeting from the US DB5 builders.

As we are 6 years behind you folks, (my build only started 6 months ago), is there any advise you can pass on to a DB5 newbie?

My question is how many issues is there to the DB5 build? Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated......

The photos you folks posted look awesome....

Thanks

Rich

I would send Roy a PM, as he only looks in occasionally.