Revell 1:48 Mosquito B.Mk IV

Hi all,

Finally finished my entry for last years Mosquito STGB, well at least its in time for the KUTA GB deadline!

The kits actually quite nicely detailed and a reasonable alternative for the Tamiya kit apart from the gear legs being too short and the wheels being too big (which i can live with) and the mis-shapen spinners, which i did manage to reshape to improve them a bit. Unfortunately the kit is now OOP which is surprising for a kit that was first released in about 2008 i think?

I was progressing reasonably well in the STGB but then bust the canopy while polishing it and as i then learnt there is no aftermarket option for a 48th scale mossie bomber canopy it languished in the modelling box on top of the microwave waiting for divine inspiration.

Eventually I managed to vac form a replacement, wont bore you with the details here but theres a link to the build thread here - hmm cant get the link button to work so its in the KUTA IV GB!!

So finally was able to complete it, paint was with Tamiya for main colours and finished with Xtracrylics matt varnish

all that remains is for me to say a really big thanks to PeteW for taking some decent pics for me with his proper camera, they look a million times better than anything i could get with my bog standard camera!

On with the pics:

009_zps57f1ea75.jpg

015_zps7c59b51c.jpg

012_zps4c66bdf4.jpg

010_zps34aadf70.jpg

008_zps35e8e8e8.jpg

006_zpsc9e43b1f.jpg

014_zpsb7df3898.jpg

007_zps7ac0eb50.jpg

004_zps18a3f03e.jpg

019_zps85bcc841.jpg

027_zpsa9a7af95.jpg

Thanks for looking in and as usual any C&CC greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Stu

• Like 4

Thanks for the kind comments guys, was really happy with how it turned out in the end and got a bit of a thing for mossies now, got the Airfix nf.30 to build nextand although the details not as nice it still looks a good kit, watch this space!!

Nice job :thumbsup2: For such a well detailed kit how did Revell get it so wrong ?

The wheels , undercarrage legs canopy & spinners are way off giving the model a short fat apperance.

Perhaps the kit is out of production to be retooled ? lets hope so

Cheers Keith, would be good if they did re-tool it as there are a lot of things that were good about the kit and its a lot better than the revell / monogram re-issue thats in their current range.

Whats the chances of anyone bringing out a new tooled 2 stage version, i would definitely buy a few and looking at the prices the Paragon conversion sets go for on the odd occasion that they come up there must be a few more out there who would buy them as well....

Cheers again, Stu

Edited by stoohoo

GREAT JOB! Superior effort on the second most beautiful British WWII aircraft. :wow::goodjob:

The Spitfire-oholic.

BTW... what's really great about it is when one flies past, you can close your eyes and hear two Spitfires.

• Like 1