Hobbycraft1/72 Avro Arrow

weemanreturns

Hi,

I am currently constructing (hacking!) the above kit (first issue). It has been a labour of love, and everything that could go wrong, has!. I have now got the kit to a reasonable level, but having problems with the ejector seats. The kit ones are hopeless so have been 'launched'. I found two seats in my spares which were suitable. I painted them, but the paint was suspect and didn't dry properly. So, I put them in some thinners to strip the paint. Then forgot about them. Oooops!. When I checked them they were just like rubber sponge. I now have nothing to work with. I cannot ask on the 'wanted' forum as I have less than 100 posts. Anybody got any ideas or help?

Best Regards

weeman

Give that so little of the cockpit can be seen inside of the Arrow's canopy when closed, I'd grab some seats from any 1:72 scale jet and use those. The Arrow used Martin Baker MK C5 seat. You might find something similar (close enough) from other MB seats from the 50s. Even a F-4 Phantom seat could be modified to work well enough considering what you can see.

The other option is to put a decal over the canopy windows and blank them out completely. That's fairly common with Arrow models.

• Like 1

Hi David. Many thanks for your reply. Wasn't sure what would be the closest to the Arrow e/j seat. I am building this 'beast' with the front canopy open (masochistic aren't I !!!!). Made some rudimentary cockpit side panels and instrument panel. Not brilliant but it doesn't look too bad. Just wanted to sort the e/j's out so I could complete the cockpit interior and move on. I will take your advice and see if a pair phantom seats from one of my kits will do. Ah well, on with the project.

Best Regards

weeman