Academy 1:35 King Tiger, Friulmodel tracks fitted. Nearing completion.

Shar2

Finally got some more done on this. Lots of photos show these tanks without tow cables on the sides, so I just added the etched brackets and clamps for them. Then it was time for the primer.

complete.jpg

primed.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys

Yes it is a bit clean at the moment Tim, but my example is from near the end of the war, by which time they had stopped using zimmeritt and they wouldn't have had quite as much useage. Choice is always good and we have some great KT's to choose from these days.

With both Friulmodel tracks assembled they will get a burnishing either tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll grab a photo of before and after like you did with the Achzarit tracks.

Looks good Dave. Why the primered barrel? I could be imagining things, but I thought I read somewhere that they used a grey heat proof primer on the barrel? :hmmm: Was I imagining things? :wacko:

It didn't have time to be painted before being sent to the front, it'll be getting some primed wheels as well. Dave said it was red primer, it may get the muzzle break painted in camo.

It didn't have time to be painted before being sent to the front, it'll be getting some primed wheels as well. Dave said it was red primer, it may get the muzzle break painted in camo.

Looks good - the experts can probably confirm or deny this but I think the Germans recycled parts from battle damaged armour towards the end of the war so, perhaps paint the muzzle brake and some of the wheels and structural parts in different, weathered, camouflage schemes?

Yes it was I with the barrel in red or grey , towards the end of the war as things became desparate any usable parts were fitted even if the wrong colour. As tanks were pulled from the training schools and used you got a hotch potch of marks on the same vehicle esp the Tiger 1s