Advice - 3 lights under rear Lancaster fuselage

woody37

Guys,

On the Hasegawa Lanc and the Eduard mask set there are 3 lights in a line under the rear fuselage. Can anyone confirm the colours in what sequence these were and would they of been on the late models?

Thanks

Woody, the Aerodata International booklet on the Lancaster names them as identification lights and makes the point that the aft section of the H2S dome was clear, rather than painted overall black so the lights could function, the first two being covered by the dome. As such it would imply that later (but how late is late? :shrug: ) Lancs had them fitted. I stand to be corrected but I believe the colours to be red, yellow, green - forward to aft.

Max

Max is correct although my understanding is that the colours are red, amber green. As to whether the colours can be discerned while the lights are off I don't know. On my Lanc BII I'm going to leave them semi clear.

Mike

bum. I've done red, green, amber!

There were no replies here when I did it, and the only information I could find was US aircraft having this combination so I took an assumption that all allied aircraft had this.

Might see if I can correct them once the masks come off.

Cheers guys

ps. If I don't correct it, keep it a secret!

Hi folks!

I've just joined the forum and have a related question. The Vickers Wellington ( Airfix 1/72) I'm building, shows three lights in a triangle, just forward of the entrance hatch on the underside of the fuselage. Were these lights for signalling, as on the Lanc and if so, what colours were they? I've looked at the photographs of the Wimpy at the Hendon Museum, where they are quoted as being "Navigation Lights". However, they appear to be red, amber and yellow to me, which doesn't seem to make sense. I would be grateful if anyone could shed light on this problem.

Regards

Hamish