1/72 - de Havilland Canada DHC.2 Turbo Beaver Mk.III resin kit by LiftHere! - released - new ltd boxing "Pirate" Beaver

Homebee

Please, please, please,

can some kind soul get their mitts on one of these and post a review so we can se what it's like? If it's OK then I'll place an order or two. Expensive for a 1/72 scale aircraft but the must be a fair bit of resin involved with those massive floats!

Regards

Reggie (The Beaverman)

Edited by The Cameraman

Hi Guys n Gals,

I've just heard from Lift Here who've confirmed that the kit is not ready for launch yet (as others are pending finishing work) but they expect it to be available in the second half of 2014.

Nice of then to update me so quickly.

Regards

Edited by The Cameraman

I've always fancied a tu..........................................WHOOPS Sorry wrong forum

Hi Hawker,

once a Beaverman, always a Beaverman. They're an absolute joy to fly and there's nothing better than a water touchdown, in mirror conditions, when you hear the exhaust note bounce off the surface of the water, leaving you about 6ft off touchdown.

Blissful but idiosyncratic aircraft.

I've only been a passenger in a Turbo Beaver but have had plenty of fun in the radial beasts.

Regards

Reggie

Edited by The Cameraman

I've just heard from Lift Here who've confirmed that the kit is not ready for launch yet (as others are pending finishing work) but they expect it to be available in the second half of 2013.

From LiftHere!:in fact, it is 2014 ;-) The Turbobeaver will wait for Cessna-310A, IAR-99 Soim and Soko-522 to be released first, as they are almost all sold in advance, also the new Sealand boxing too, then we'll start working on Turbobeaver. The first box will contain amphibious undercarriage (those chunky "Viking" wheeled floats).

• 1 year later...

Hi Homebee,

mine's on order, after getting the message it was available yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up though.

By the time the delivery charges were added it came out as just a little shy of £50.00, which is the most I've ever paid for a kit. However, for a Beaver man like me, it just had to be ordered!

Now all I need to do is to persuade Andy at Thunderbird Models to create some interesting decals for her, like the lovely Olivia!

I'll post some sprue shots, when the kit arrives, unless some lucky person gets one to review, shoot and build.

Regards

Reggie

Edited by The Cameraman

For all beaver-lovers, through the pink goggles ;)

http://postimg.cc/image/ua300m1k5/

Sorry for delay, personal reasons...

Cockpit windows are supplied vacuum-formed as well as their resin master which you may see on the picture. There are also present vacuum-formed blown-up windows. This is our most complicated kit tiil now and it is pressure moulded.

We will consider making the original DHC TurboBeaver, as well as wheels-only version.

Edited by vozdushniy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...